Ranking
unless you have good stuns/chasing capability/silences, true sight isn't really a great counter to slark.

Originally Posted by JSnuffMARS View Post
...Slark being visible and attackable while using Shadow dance is way less fearsome...

not true, slark can't be revealed by anything when he is using shadow dance.

dust can be purged, same with slardar and gondar ult and sents have small range imo (but worth it if you have stuns, like i said) especially if you're trying to chase slark. i'd say silences are the best counter to slark later on in the game. he needs his skillset to survive due to his shitty hp. of course, bkb can counter this but surprisingly i don't see many slark players building bkb (besides me).
Last edited by sSLight; Jun 8, 2015 at 10:54 AM.
Originally Posted by JSnuffMARS View Post
Another option of fucking slark up. True sight. Slark being visible and attackable while using Shadow dance is way less fearsome, I'd say on good chances to getting killed and therefore food for enemy team's heros.

Yet I don't see this method being used often, I guess people usually don't quite think of implementing this solution when making picks

"Shadow Dance

When used, Slark hides himself in a cloud of shadows, becoming immune to detection."

necro books are usefull, but the CD is too long to be reliable and a gem just makes you a target.

Originally Posted by sSLight View Post
he needs his skillset to survive due to his shitty hp. of course, bkb can counter this but surprisingly i don't see many slark players building bkb (besides me).

if you're going BKB, then you cant go shadowblade. you go one or the other.
2 mediocre items on a stat reliant hero, so you have to choose between initiation or survivability.
BKB doesnt gel as well with slarks skill set, since dark pact dispels detection and can dodge stuns.
its usefull in certain situations, but with the nerfs to bkb, so many spells going through it now and your dark pact serving the same purpose as a BKB, getting stats or shadowblade is usually the better choice.

best way to beat a slark is silences and evasion. you have to fight him. if you dont run away, his skillset is alot less usefull.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
if you're going BKB, then you cant go shadowblade. you go one or the other.
2 mediocre items on a stat reliant hero, so you have to choose between initiation or survivability.

i've been going shadow blade to bkb since i got decent as slark, works pretty well for me unless the enemy team makes an effort to shut me down in lane. i can see how building only one of these would work better, though.

BKB doesnt gel as well with slarks skill set, since dark pact dispels detection and can dodge stuns.

smart players will wait until dark pact finishes pulsing and then use their disables on you, provided they don't panic or are focusing on other targets.

best way to beat a slark is silences and evasion. you have to fight him.

yeah, fighting him is pretty much the only option, but if he gets enough stats then he can do a shitton of damage, probably up to par with some hard carries.
Originally Posted by sSLight View Post
smart players will wait until dark pact finishes pulsing and then use their disables on you, provided they don't panic or are focusing on other targets.

to mimic what you said, smart players would also focus you and shut you down in lane.
and a smart slark would also work around that.

debating semantics, i dont think it gels with slarks skillset or play style.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
You guys haven't been playing dota2 customs for years? Step it up :^)
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
You guys haven't been playing dota2 customs for years? Step it up :^)

I did play a couple on the website, I'm more excited for the whole source 2 thing.