Toribash
Originally Posted by MacSparrow View Post
My game crashed when i loaded it so I decreased the objects from 30 to 26 and then it was really laggy and crashed as soon as i touched uke. So I guess toribash just doesnt like so many objects in the same place.

Hmm, thanks. Guess I'll try making it 20 and see how that works. So much for making a pretty circle in toribash.
Got another question for you Guru MacSparrow. I wanted to make a good-looking mace but it glitches out on me. Is there no way to avoid this? I tried making the handle shorter, changing joint axis, etc.
Attached Files
mace5.tbm (12.9 KB, 3 views)
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Got another question for you Guru MacSparrow. I wanted to make a good-looking mace but it glitches out on me. Is there no way to avoid this? I tried making the handle shorter, changing joint axis, etc.

So I tried to simplify the mod a little by having none of the objects angled in mace6.tbm. But the objects still glitch out and so I lowered one of the black objects in mace7 and it now works as expected. It seems that toribash doesn't like to have 3 or more objects clipping eachother in the same location but it is OK with 2 objects clipping in different locations like in mace7. So it looks like you need to make the flanges of the mace out of 4 different objects that don't clip with eachother. So I made mace8 like that and angled the flanges a little.

Also when you make a joint between an un-rotated object and a rotated object (where the joint itself is nonrotating), the joint needs a 1.00 on the same axis that the rotated object is rotated around. For example in mace8 object 2 is rotated around the y-axis and the joint between object 1 and 2 has a 1.00 on the y-axis.
Attached Files
mace6.tbm (12.3 KB, 1 views)
mace7.tbm (12.3 KB, 4 views)
mace8.tbm (12.9 KB, 5 views)
So I tried to simplify the mod a little by having none of the objects angled in mace6.tbm. But the objects still glitch out and so I lowered one of the black objects in mace7 and it now works as expected. It seems that toribash doesn't like to have 3 or more objects clipping eachother in the same location but it is OK with 2 objects clipping in different locations like in mace7. So it looks like you need to make the flanges of the mace out of 4 different objects that don't clip with eachother. So I made mace8 like that and angled the flanges a little.

Also when you make a joint between an un-rotated object and a rotated object (where the joint itself is nonrotating), the joint needs a 1.00 on the same axis that the rotated object is rotated around. For example in mace8 object 2 is rotated around the y-axis and the joint between object 1 and 2 has a 1.00 on the y-axis.

I see, thanks for your help

Sucks that there's no way to make a mace with sharp flanges though.
So I made mace8 like that and angled the flanges a little.

God damn that mace looks nice.

On an unrelated note, I'm trying to make my elbow's range high to be 1.30 (instead of initial 2.30), but toribash just doesn't wanna export that. Anyone know the code I should use in the notepad to fix that?
Originally Posted by DashSora View Post
On an unrelated note, I'm trying to make my elbow's range high to be 1.30 (instead of initial 2.30), but toribash just doesn't wanna export that. Anyone know the code I should use in the notepad to fix that?

Look in the text file for joint r_elbow or l_elbow and paste a range line below the pos line to look something like this:
text code:
   joint r_elbow
pos 0.85 0.62 1.95
range 1.30 0.05
velocity 10.00

But everytime you export the mod I think it will change it back to normal so you will have to do the change when you are ready to upload the mod.
don't know if anyone has think about this before or if its even possible
but here goes.

is it possible to make a mod where your body has already some joints moved?
example having lowered shoulders from the beginning,or contracted elbows?
Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post
don't know if anyone has think about this before or if its even possible
but here goes.

is it possible to make a mod where your body has already some joints moved?
example having lowered shoulders from the beginning,or contracted elbows?

As far as I know it's not possible. You can change position and axis of joints, but that's not the same thing. I wish you could, though, then you could have mods with different starting stances and whatnot.
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
As far as I know it's not possible. You can change position and axis of joints, but that's not the same thing. I wish you could, though, then you could have mods with different starting stances and whatnot.

this was my intend basically,i believe it would bring an air of freshness,
too bad it can't happen though.
Is there any way to make either uke or tori harder to dm without changing this to the other bout? like dm hold for uke being 200 and for tori being 100