Endurance Onslaught 6.0
View Poll Results: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
A
0 Votes / 0%
B
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by de4th View Post
We're willingly associating the clan with his name, so yes, that is true in a sense.

Congratulations on obtaining that 5 TC. Don't spend it all in one place.

thanks
<[T]Oblivion> Holy crap guys its fluffysox
I heard you're one of the best 1st Dans ever
After 10 hours of the best sleep that I've had in days, I'm finally up! Yay!

As expected, in that span of time, you guys managed to fill 3 pages of post. Well done.

As promised, here's my answer to your logic problem, Mpk: (it's not very elegant, but it gets the job done)

Timee's Answer

Last edited by Trick; Apr 29, 2013 at 03:00 AM.
fl0w
Sorry for being inactive for a few days guys. Ive been at my best friends house. Well now im back and ready for some in-game fun! (After i take a shower)
Daemon of the clan Oblivion.
Welcome back trunks.
Are we called daemons? Or dæmons?
-----
Because dæmons are demons in doctor who.
Last edited by ysome; Apr 29, 2013 at 01:43 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
"In my opinion, the existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon." -Jon Osterman
Timee, thank you for taking the time trying to figure out a valid answer to my riddle. Your answer is however very much alike what Death thought of... in fact it's almost exactly the same.

There is however another answer... which is much less complex:

"Kill the dictator in the night. Or take away his guns. Or just have everyone leave the country. He’s given the threat a day early. No sense sticking around."

-----
Also it seems that Oblivion is rather taking pride in our clan, which may seem that we're on the good path to... Oblivion. This sounded awkward but ... [Oblv] FTW!!!
20ish more games to black belt!
-----
Hey everyone I was wondering if we could get on the topic of parodoxes. I've got one to start off, it has a solution.

A judge tells a condemned prisoner that he will be hanged at noon on one weekday in the following week, but that the execution will be a surprise to the prisoner. He will not know the day of the hanging until the executioner knocks on his cell door at noon that day. Having reflected on his sentence, the prisoner draws the conclusion that he will escape from the hanging. His reasoning is in several parts. He begins by concluding that the “surprise hanging” can’t be on a Friday, as if he hasn’t been hanged by Thursday, there is only one day left – and so it won’t be a surprise if he’s hanged on a Friday. Since the judge’s sentence stipulated that the hanging would be a surprise to him, he concludes it cannot occur on Friday. He then reasons that the surprise hanging cannot be on Thursday either, because Friday has already been eliminated and if he hasn’t been hanged by Wednesday night, the hanging must occur on Thursday, making a Thursday hanging not a surprise either. By similar reasoning he concludes that the hanging can also not occur on Wednesday, Tuesday or Monday. Joyfully he retires to his cell confident that the hanging will not occur at all
-----
Wrong.
-----
The next week, the executioner knocks on the prisoner’s door at noon on Wednesday — which, despite all the above, will still be an utter surprise to him. Everything the judge said has come true.
Last edited by ysome; Apr 29, 2013 at 02:58 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
"In my opinion, the existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon." -Jon Osterman
That would mean the dictator isn't smart. Announcing a mass killing a day early is asking for trouble.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Originally Posted by TheMpk
Timee, thank you for taking the time trying to figure out a valid answer to my riddle. Your answer is however very much alike what Death thought of... in fact it's almost exactly the same.

Really? Shoot. Actually, I'd already cooked up my answer yesterday, and I was just waiting for you to post your logic riddle so that I could verify whether or not your riddle is more-or-less similar to the one I'd encountered before. More than that, I didn't read the answers of the other bros, including de4th's. Lol. My bad. I do concede that my answer is quite similar to de4th's; however, I have God as my witness in saying that I didn't copy from him. At the end of the day, I sorta got ninja'd by de4th.

Originally Posted by TheMpk
There is however another answer... which is much less complex:

"Kill the dictator in the night. Or take away his guns. Or just have everyone leave the country. He’s given the threat a day early. No sense sticking around."

That answer most definitely wins 1st place in the "most pragmatic answer for a logic problem ever" category.
Last edited by Trick; Apr 29, 2013 at 08:32 AM.
fl0w
Originally Posted by hawkesnightmare View Post
That would mean the dictator isn't smart. Announcing a mass killing a day early is asking for trouble.

Originally Posted by Timeenator View Post
That answer most definitely wins 1st place in the "most pragmatic answer for a logic problem ever" category.

If I was the dictator, I'd:

1. Hire a body double to give the speech, and oversee the actual event as well.
2. Hire armed guards from surrounding countries.
3. Bribe the leaders of the surrounding countries in some way, so that no matter what the result, the 100 people (or 99, if I counted towards the population) would be killed in the end anyway.
4. Set up cameras from as many angles as possible.
5. Sit back, sip a non-alcoholic beverage, and enjoy the show.

-----
ysome: That paradox supposes that as long as the conditions aren't met exactly, then the judge's statement can be viewed as a lie. Rather than the prisoner expecting that the hanging would not occur, it would also be possible if the hanging was scheduled for another time that's not "noon on a weekday in the following week".
Last edited by Wight; Apr 29, 2013 at 03:49 AM.
Just so long as the executioner knocks on his door at noon on any day, it will be a surprise.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.