Toribash
well ive still been trying out alot, there are still some i want to try out, nyx assasin and slark look pretty cool tho!
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
well ive still been trying out alot, there are still some i want to try out, nyx assasin and slark look pretty cool tho!

SLARK IS THE BEST.

he's my favorite hero ever since dota 1 was still a thing. with the new silver edge item he's even better.

i usually play offlane with him (although i believe safelane is more viable). just play safe until you get that op ultimate on level 6, then kill your lane opponent when he's alone. once you get your shadow blade, find lone supports for an easy kill. i usually build treads to silver edge, then bkb and skadi, the rest are situational. slark has great comeback potential after you get shadowblade even if you lost lane, so long as your allies are pretty fine. his only weakness is getting silenced, sentries/gem and his small hp amount (he can easily remove slardar and bh's ultimate by using dark pact), but if he gets about 25 stacks in essence shift in a teamfight he's really hard to kill.
slark is cancerous.
automatic win.

nyx is difficult though, crappy farmer, a bad support and terrible if you get behind.
but a great roamer and can be really effective if you know how to play him.
his stun is deceptively difficult to land and if you miss time the spike carapace, you're dead.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
slark is cancerous.
automatic win.

nyx is difficult though, crappy farmer, a bad support and terrible if you get behind.
his stun is deceptively difficult to land and if you miss time the spike carapace, you're dead.

Nyx's new aghs makes him even harder to play... If you buy aghs.
Aghs is good on Nyx though, and really fun.
S A D B O Y S
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
slark is cancerous.
automatic win.

shut down slark in lane long enough and he is fucked for the rest of the game. he has really bad lane presence before level 6 and would likely need ganks to farm properly if against a good support/trilane. i've played tons of games using and against slark and i can confirm this.

true dat for nyx. i often see nyx players panic press spike carapace after they combo during a teamfight, so they end up being dead.
Last edited by sSLight; Jun 3, 2015 at 05:55 AM.
Originally Posted by Laser View Post
Nyx's new aghs makes him even harder to play... If you buy aghs.
Aghs is good on Nyx though, and really fun.

tbh though, how are you going to get an aghs on nyx.

Are we giving nyx dedicated farm somewhere? Are we playing him as core? I don't see how a nyx can afford an aghs.

boots -> blink -> aghs ? I know aghs is good at all times of the game, but it's going to be pretty delayed unless you give him farm. Assuming no deaths and 300gpm (which is about the best you can hope for as nyx) then you're looking at around 25 minutes to get that.
Delay by 2 minutes to get bottle, and 3 more to get arcanes, so 30 minutes at least with no deaths and not buying any wards, or urn/drums/aquila/dagon/wand/poorman.

Nyx is usually looking for 20-30 minute games, so I dunno if he can really aghs legitly. Sure if it's going super late though.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Guys, do somebody here playing Puck as pro?
I've already played around 30 games only on Puck and wanna improve my skillz etc.
Last game was 25-5-17 but we lost anyway.
Playing on 3900-4100 MMR as hardliner. Sometimes i go middle if there's no middle heroes except my Puck.

I want to hear some nice item/skillbuilds thx
Last edited by Snow; Jun 3, 2015 at 09:43 PM.
Ho-ho! Ha-ha!
http://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/puck/players

Maybe check out the top builds?
bottle, wand, treads, blink, dagon, plus hex in the late game. This probably covers 90% of all top puck builds.

A few variations would be phase instead of treads, and euls or eblade instead of hex.

Most common build seems to be;
ulti > ball > rift > phase
Usually you will spec phase at level 2, so QEQWQRQWWWREEESR

The two most common variations i've seen are to delay Q before 6; QEQWWRQQWWREEESR
Or to delay Q after 6: QEQWQRWWWQREEESR
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Jun 4, 2015 at 06:28 AM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
tbh though, how are you going to get an aghs on nyx.

Are we giving nyx dedicated farm somewhere? Are we playing him as core? I don't see how a nyx can afford an aghs.

boots -> blink -> aghs ? I know aghs is good at all times of the game, but it's going to be pretty delayed unless you give him farm. Assuming no deaths and 300gpm (which is about the best you can hope for as nyx) then you're looking at around 25 minutes to get that.
Delay by 2 minutes to get bottle, and 3 more to get arcanes, so 30 minutes at least with no deaths and not buying any wards, or urn/drums/aquila/dagon/wand/poorman.

25-30 minutes aghs on #4 supports is decent enough.
if you can expect other supports to build aghs, and he has alot more kill potential than most supports, it should be fine.

Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Nyx is usually looking for 20-30 minute games, so I dunno if he can really aghs legitly. Sure if it's going super late though.

aghs for nyx is a situaltional pick, its not for games that are going for 20-30 minutes.
its a defensive pickup that doesnt mesh with his skill set, so its only really usefull if you're losing or where you can pick where to take fights, which isnt what the latest patches have been promoting.
4200g when your a support is difficult enough when you're winning though...

honestly dont think its all that great, if thats how you're going to play a nyx, rather just play techies...

Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Guys, do somebody here playing Puck as pro?
I've already played around 30 games only on Puck and wanna improve my skillz etc.
Last game was 25-5-17 but we lost anyway.
Playing on 3900-4100 MMR as hardliner. Sometimes i go middle if there's no middle heroes except my Puck.

I want to hear some nice item/skillbuilds thx

a puck with more kills than assists is either selfish or has a shit team.

once you get his core items, its all pretty situational, pucks a team fighter, so you pick whats needed, i do think euls is best on puck though.
linkens, aghs, bkb, veil, sheepstick, dagon etc, all viable.
new items like solar crest, glimmer cape, lotus orb and octarine also work.

pucks less to do with skill or item builds, and more to do with making plays and figuring out what the team needs.
make them invest in killing you, while you dodge everything.

builds arent relative, the heroes versatile, so you can get creative.
what matters is how well you play puck.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by sSLight View Post
shut down slark in lane long enough and he is fucked for the rest of the game. he has really bad lane presence before level 6 and would likely need ganks to farm properly if against a good support/trilane. i've played tons of games using and against slark and i can confirm this.

true dat for nyx. i often see nyx players panic press spike carapace after they combo during a teamfight, so they end up being dead.

Another option of fucking slark up. True sight. Slark being visible and attackable while using Shadow dance is way less fearsome, I'd say on good chances to getting killed and therefore food for enemy team's heros.

Yet I don't see this method being used often, I guess people usually don't quite think of implementing this solution when making picks