Toribash
I have probably picked up something subconsciously for the idea of that character.
But it will be done in that style, not realistic but more cartoony, like those TF2 characters, that's what my friend wants.
Generally, I do semi-realistic stuff.

You can't base any opinion about my work by that WIP, it will go through some major changes, but, at least you can see how I start things. Set a crude sketch and colors I will use, than work slowly on details.
By Sunday you will have finished product so you can decide about my admittance.
Last edited by Django77; Jan 19, 2013 at 02:27 PM.
''After the showers is the sun.
Will be shining...''
Originally Posted by Django77 View Post
That's how I feel about it. You may agree or disagree, in any case, I really don't care, because we don't have same taste for art, thus, we could be contemplating about it for decades without any progress.
In this case it's not amount of time in question, but the fact that you base your art taking other finished product and 'adjusting it' to make something that now has to be taken as a new product.
Recycling.

Making something out of nothing is a true art. At least to me it is, idk about you...

If creating gfx is recycling, then hell, I am eco! :-)

I understand your opinion, tho, don't be that mad. We really love guys who cut renders and do 3d stuff <3
I have probably picked up something subconsciously for the idea of that character.
But it will be done in that style, not realistic but more cartoony, like those TF2 characters, that's what my friend wants.
Generally, I do semi-realistic stuff.

You can't base any opinion about my work by that WIP, it will go through some major changes, but, at least you can see how I start things. Set a crude sketch and colors I will use, than work slowly on details.
By Sunday you will have finished product so you can decide about my admittance.

That's cool and all, but why post a WIP when we're asking you for an example of your work, and ask us not to judge you on it? Your brain appears to be powered by logical fallacies.

That's how I feel about it. You may agree or disagree, in any case, I really don't care, because we don't have same taste for art, thus, we could be contemplating about it for decades without any progress.
In this case it's not amount of time in question, but the fact that you base your art taking other finished product and 'adjusting it' to make something that now has to be taken as a new product.
Recycling.

Making something out of nothing is a true art. At least to me it is, idk about you...

Well, seeing as you use a paintbrush/photoshop, you are literally making your art with another's finished products, and therefore, your 'art' cannot be considered art. You have yet to offer anyone any sort of criticism but saying "I don't like how you make your art", or "wow, that tracing sucks", and bitch about how people don't respect "real art", all while acting like a little teenage bitch. You get a no from me regardless if you make a picasso out of the shitty WIP you posted.
Hoss.
I don't think someone could go around the forums and criticise people if they themselves haven't done any artwork. I value artists opinions more than I value non-artists opinions. As I have seen no work from you, you are a non-artist and to be criticizing people and be a non-artist is just worse. You have to tip the scale, give feedback but make your own work too. Anyway, if you don't make art, then you're not a artist, unfortunately for you, we only accept artists into the org.
It's a no from me.
Django, you have been chained.
"Always Extreme at heart."
I don't check the forums or go in-game anymore, I have quit.
No more of tht bad stiff^^ ill be posting my finished peice for demos logo in the morning (if i have a snow day), Its swagidily lol! :3
Hm, so much hate just because I told you my opinion about your 'art'? And you call me teenage bitch? Also, I read words like 'mad' and 'hate'. Do I really sound like that when I express my opinion about something? I really didn't noticed that.

What I see is a group of people that enjoy in self-praise and act very conceit when someone told them something they don't want to hear.
Let me give you one advice, from a person that is in the 'art' business for quite some time (that is the job that puts the bred on my table): if you can't stand the critique, than you better seek something else to do.

It is true that since I just got here and there is not much of my work posted anywhere on this forum you are skeptic toward my opinions, but as time pass I will (according with my free time) remedy that. Never the less, if you want to do artsy things you have to always be open to any suggestions and ready to learn something new.
That is why I wanted to post the piece I'm working on in stages (as I do it) so you would see (and maybe learn something) about my work. That's why my first post was 'shitty WIP'.
Since I see you are not really interested in that I'll just give you my finished product as i promised. But, I must say that I lost my eagerness to join this org. I understand now why it's called minions of art...

Lich

Card

Adios Amigos.
Last edited by Django77; Jan 22, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
''After the showers is the sun.
Will be shining...''
There's a difference between acting like a total cunt and constructive criticism, y'know?

It still looks like shit. You have 4 different lightsources and have shaded only regarding one of them, you've got the angle of your shading completely wrong, some parts such as the fingers, and the jewelry on his neck looks ridiculously oversharpened, his beard does not look like a beard, but, rather a really stubby straw broom, you don't really portray the angle of the character well with the bad shading, looks like he's standing and tilting himself to the right. Shall I go on?
Hoss.
Guys , drop this topic , it's being old and frustrating to discuss |=
Poop poop poop shit shit piss pussy pear-shaped person peice of shit
Originally Posted by oofun4 View Post
Guys , drop this topic , it's being old and frustrating to discuss |=

Shush! Let them fight.

/me grabs popcorn

I agree with Hyde words about Lich, it looks kinda flat also.