Toribash
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
it doesnt give you 4x the bounty rune, a bounty rune just gives you 4 stacks of your passive.

Eh well that's pretty average then
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by saintowar View Post
I cant wait to use the new Octarine Core item, Invoker is my most played hero and it just sounds fucking epic to not only get a 25% cooldown reduction on all my spells, BUT ALSO GET LIFESTEAL FROM THEM! *Imagines landing a tornado/meteor/def blast combo*

It's a good idea but 25% is to high 15% is okay because imagine people get that item on people like Pudge, Enigma, Bounty Hunter and heroes that can spam skills already it will be to over powered
Am I the only one that thinks that Guardian Greaves in a team with Huskar could be very OP?
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
Originally Posted by sSLight View Post
8 slotted tiny new meta

alche uses aghs on tiny
tiny consumes new moon shard item
6 slot that shit

i feel like the top tier carry will be tiny. possibly weaver too and antimage (the common items they build have been buffed, weaver got aghs too)

oh, and have you guys heard of the meepo-rubick spell steal thingy?
for example,

meepo has an lotus orb (new item) and rubick casts spell steal on him. if meepo gets to reflect the spell steal, the next hero that walks to him will have his spell stolen. if for example, tide casts ravage and went near meepo, what do you get?

5 ravages op
edit: i used the wrong item name gg

This won't work for multiple reasons.
1. Only Meepo prime gets the spell shield
2. Ravage isn't a targetable spell.

*edit about the Tiny/Alch thing: I honestly think it would be shit. Your scenario describes a pos 1 tiny and a support alch. A big part of getting aghs on tiny is the buildup, which really benefits you. Two hyperstones have a terrible buildup (none at all) and really don't do much for you anyway. Compare this to a point booster, ogre club, ... which really benefit tiny. Second, you have a support alch that's gonna be AFK farming. I can't think of many heroes that are easier to gank than Alch. Place a ward in their jungle and you have a kill every 3 minutes or so. Besides, after that, you're stuck with an Alch with no items at all. You literally have a pos 1 farmer that is as strong as a pos 5. Where is the rest of the team going to farm?

A strat that's a little bit less shit, but still shit:
Have alch as a pos 1. Let him farm his own items first, say battlefury, mjollnir, AC, ... (I don't play Alch and you don't see him, I wouldn't even know). Have a pos 2 tiny mid, let him go for bottle - treads - blink - drums - bkb. Basically a space creator with early game items. When Alch has sufficient farm of his own, he could then farm your tiny the aghs reasonably fast.

What I think about the patch in general:

6.84 will be the patch of INT cores and heroes that counter it. Spellcasting semi-carries that can farm well could become standard for a pos 1: Heroes like Zeus, Invoker, Leshrac, OD, Tinker, Storm, Timber ... have effectively become much stronger in the late game.

With the nerf to general farming and the new items, I foresee that the general idea of AGI carries will shift towards INT cores. AGI carries will still of course be played. Probably much more than INT cores, but INT cores will definitely be played more often. Consider the following:
- General nerf to farming, farming much slower, no change to EXP gain. Item-dependent heroes on the backfoot against experience-dependent heroes, which already reach potential faster.
- Buff to heroes who farm the jungle with AOE spells: Leshrac, Storm, Shadow Fiend, Batrider, Sand King, Enigma, ... won't be as troubled by mud golems anymore.
- Buff to kills and teamfights, especially early game. Again, INT cores will reach kill potential earlier than item-dependent AGI carries. Early game aggression and aggression in general buffed. I don't know if AFK farming is going to be worth it vs taking objectives and fighting. Rubberband mechanics are basically done for.
- New items, mainly Octarine Core that provide a huge boost to viability of INT cores

As a counterreaction, I would say that cloak becomes a casual early-game pickup, BKBs will become more prevalent, not only to counter CC, but to counter damage output as well. What's more: heroes that counter casters (Doom, Silencer, AM, Clinkz, ...) will become more standard pickups. I feel that if INT cores become more common, Rubick will be a more standard pickup. His aura is obviously huge, and with all these casters, he'll have enough spells to steal.

Despite the nerf to actual farming, Antimage, king of ricing, will again become the carry he once was. He has two passives that counter INT heroes and with the recent nerf to battlefury, I think we'll see him picked more often.

Other random predictions
- Push strats more viable, buff to NP and huge buff to Brood (since she can instantly destroy sentries) and a big buff to objective gold. LD will become the new rat with Aghs. Now this bear can actually take out towers and other structures without LD even being there.
- Shorter games
- Bristle can't be stopped anymore. He's already so hard to lock down and kill. Due to his early and mid game presence and OK farming capabilities, getting the Octarine Core won't be too difficult. Especially in pubs, where snowballing as Bristle in the early game isn't very difficult. Think of it. Because his damage was low without carry items in 6.83 and his ridiculous passive (which will by the way heal him with OC), he always is a low priority target in fights. Even as the enemy's main carry, there are probably going to be more valuable targets. If you focus him, you'll get rekt by his passive and the rest of his team. Now, he can rush this flashy new item that will make him nigh unkillable. The passive quill sprays do heal, so any damage that you deal to him (that is ALREADY reduced by a huge factor) will now HEAL him.
- Supports that can transition to a semi-carry role will be picked up more often. (Naga Siren, for example) Why? "Wellfare" system.
Last edited by Arglax; Apr 29, 2015 at 09:34 PM.
f=m*a syens
Originally Posted by AlphasoniK View Post
Am I the only one that thinks that Guardian Greaves in a team with Huskar could be very OP?

What happens when you have a WK with aghs in a team with Huskar?
6.84 is live!

I played a game with Tusk, and our Alch gave me aghs. It's pretty bad.
I can't count the number of times I would kick invoker away and he would blink back to me.
If you kick someone with Lotus Orb it's hilarious though.
S A D B O Y S
just had my first game on the new patch

-zeus with octarine core is scary.
1.35s CD on his lightning, spam city, global heal, echo shield thing doesnt really work against him.
-darkseer is an offlane machine, triple ion shield does some serious work against melee carries. even being zoned out by a support pudge and having my levels rekd, i still managed to pull out a 12 minute mana boots + bloodstone. wall lasts for a REALLY long time. the hero really needs buffs to his cast points though. blink is almost useless on him without a decent initiation partner. spells just take too long to cast.
-OD aghanims is scary, gives you mad control in fights, crazy comboing with darkseer and some other aoe disabler like disruptor. his synergy with silencer also reks. pudge was down to 25 int, while the OD had like 150...
this aghs has turned OD from a semi carry, into a more puck like role.
-natures prophet with aghs is funny to watch, pushing a t3 with 20 creeps, but against cheap nukes and cleave, it doesnt really amount for all that much, free gold most of the time. dont know where its supposed to sit with timings.

overall, i think this patch is interesting.
you have so many more options when it comes to how to build your hero and how their roles sit in the game.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
First thing's first,

Silver Edge
is
A M A Z I N G

Love the new items they added, especially the BoT Level II. It was also about time they moved voidstone into the side shops. So far the only thing I dislike is the fact that ultimate orb can only be obtained from the secret shop.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Eh well that's pretty average then

Nah you were wrong bendover, it gives you 4x gold. So if you grab the 0:00 rune you get 400 gold.
yeah, i noticed, a teamie of mine got a 3 min midas, was pretty legit.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-