Toribash
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Easiest way to get better at LoL? Quit and go play Dota 2 for a month or two.

i hardly doesn't understand the mechanics of dota. this game is for the asian seriously.
French Froggy
[OFRO]
Originally Posted by Dargon View Post
Or get out of this thread.

Even implying that you get better at LoL by playing is same as you'd say that: "To get better at Toribash you should play Phun/or any other physic based game".

..Which is pretty stupid.

And I'm not gonna tolerate any kind of LoL vs Dota vs HoN circlejerk in this thread.

If you really want to make a thread where you preach about Dota's superiority, sure feel free to go make one.

Your words are magical.
The Curious Whomba, Intruding Your Privacy.
Originally Posted by pinheads View Post
currently my mmr is like platin 2. countering doesnt matter at all in soloq everywhere it seems. ofc there are some matchups you wont win with personal skill like pf idk taric vs gp but besides that its rlly meaningless which champ you play if you are comfortable with it. counters dont rlly exist imo

Counters do exist, problem is that they're way less effective than in Dota/Hon.

You can pick Teemo to counter Tryndamere, and it will work. But can you really shut down Trynda? I highly doubt that.

Also, I've noticed that in YoloQ most people lack balls to actually take advantage of having stronger pick for laning.

And in 99% of cases you can compensate against hard (counters) lanes with personal skill and knowledge.

Originally Posted by pinheads View Post
i have to disagree. i think that lane > teamcomp. Stomping your lane creates pressure which is always better than teamcomp in soloq. i prefer to win games on my own rather than rely on my team.

In SoloQ the rule of thumb goes: "Hard initiate > everything".

Laning starts to be more important after mid Plat or so, but before that having CC is way more important than winning/countering your lane. If you don't destroy your laning opponent in laning phase and he/she has CC when you don't she/he'll be as usefull as you are.

(That's why I usually pick Malphite to top, to compensate my poor laning phase. Malphite also ruins enemy ADC's day. :3)

In 300 or so rankeds I've played I've seen countless SoloQ games where either team has thrown their lead in "teamfight phase" and lost the game due to another team having superior AoE/TF comp.
Counters do exist, problem is that they're way less effective than in Dota/Hon.

You can pick Teemo to counter Tryndamere, and it will work. But can you really shut down Trynda? I highly doubt that.

Also, I've noticed that in YoloQ most people lack balls to actually take advantage of having stronger pick for laning.

And in 99% of cases you can compensate against hard (counters) lanes with personal skill and knowledge.

In SoloQ the rule of thumb goes: "Hard initiate > everything".

Laning starts to be more important after mid Plat or so, but before that having CC is way more important than winning/countering your lane. If you don't destroy your laning opponent in laning phase and he/she has CC when you don't she/he'll be as usefull as you are.

(That's why I usually pick Malphite to top, to compensate my poor laning phase. Malphite also ruins enemy ADC's day. :3)

In 300 or so rankeds I've played I've seen countless SoloQ games where either team has thrown their lead in "teamfight phase" and lost the game due to another team having superior AoE/TF comp.

Hard disengage/counter-engage > Hard initiate.

I absolutely love playing as champions who can just stop teamfights dead, or turn them on their heads. There is nothing more satisfying that landing that 3-4 man cho'gath rupture, nami bubble/tidal wave, howling gale/monsoon or buster shot.

Speaking of nami, I FUCKING KNEW SHE WAS BROKEN! 70% pick/ban ratio and 70% win ratio in the OGN Summer.

I've been playing tons of ARAM lately because my teamfight positioning (especially as shorter ranged adcs) sucks balls. I THINK it's helping, but ARAMs are so much fun that I'm kind of reluctant to go back to regular games to test out my newfound prowess.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove View Post
Hard disengage/counter-engage > Hard initiate.

In 5 man premades yes, in soloq no.

Mostly because if people see Malphite/Amumu/Hecarim/Orianna getting that 5 man ult they will follow it up, but if you use perfect Janna ult/whatever they'll most likely keep fighting instead of disengaging & reengaging.

Speaking of nami, I FUCKING KNEW SHE WAS BROKEN! 70% pick/ban ratio and 70% win ratio in the OGN Summer.

Welcome to league of pre-nerf Sona. She wins the lane by being there, and then she has utility to carry her team in late game.

I've been playing tons of ARAM lately because my teamfight positioning (especially as shorter ranged adcs) sucks balls. I THINK it's helping, but ARAMs are so much fun that I'm kind of reluctant to go back to regular games to test out my newfound prowess.

3v3 is also pretty good for that purpose.
You only get demoted from division to division, not from league to league. If you're at gold, the least you can go down to is gold 5 with 0 LP.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

u only get back to silver from ranked inactivity.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
In 5 man premades yes, in soloq no.

Mostly because if people see Malphite/Amumu/Hecarim/Orianna getting that 5 man ult they will follow it up, but if you use perfect Janna ult/whatever they'll most likely keep fighting instead of disengaging & reengaging.

Depends entirely on the people you're playing with.

Disengage is also really effective in solo queue because people have that "solo queue mentality" in which it's their job to carry the game by themselves rather than work as a team, oftentimes they won't be grouped enough for hard engage to be too effective.

This is an entirely game-to-game basis, though. If the enemy team is really mobile and disengagey/pokey, they generally know to poke and not get engaged on.
Hey got canned heat in my heels tonight baby
You know know know I'm gonna dance yeah
Originally Posted by m0nk3y8 View Post
Or play LoL. Dota 2 isn't easy to learn.

Tried and failed.
Even after buying a PC Gamer magazine with a Dota 2 Guide in it.
-----
@EJEM, add me on LoL, I think I'll play a game or 2 today as I won't be here tomorrow xP
Last edited by souldevilj; Jul 27, 2013 at 07:32 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump