Originally Posted by Bumhunter90 View Post
^
Who's that?

Anyway...

Paint dried and feels so right.

well looks cool. Not my color though
ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
Sup guys, I do art n stuff.
I came up with some post-rock riffs and decided to record them. Quality is meh and I played kinda sloppily. Anyway, listen HERE.
(Inspired by bands like Explosions In The Sky, The End Of The Ocean, This Will Destroy You, godspeed you black emperor, Sigur Rós, God Is An Astronaut, Mogwai, etc. etc. etc.)

Throw some critique or ideas at me, g0g0.
Being who I am, this kind of a melody can only serve me for an intro to a hurtfully terrible death metal song, so I'm afraid I can't really give good criticism for this. Duh.

I don't like the breaks with silence. And as I mentioned, the song kind of doesn't have any SPECIAL point, it feels like it's still intro all the time. I'd feel better to hear some sort of flashy bullshit in the middle or later in the song. But maybe you aimed for that, I don't know shit about "post-rock riffs"*.

*and can't do research about them because atm I'm busy studying, drinking tea, complaining about shitty pens, having feels and listening to cryptopsy.
Last edited by JtanK; Feb 3, 2013 at 09:04 PM.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
Post-rock is more about melodies n shit even though a lot of songs have like some rather loud and noisy parts as a climax. This is basically just an idea for a song, nothing final at all. I'd need a lot more guitar layers and some drums. I actually want to have some really noisy and loud part but I still have to come up with some fitting stuff. I might post some update if I do actually decide to continue.

Also if you want to check out a song really quickly, this is a great one ^__^
Right, climax is the word I wanted to use.

Anyway, checked out that song you posted. It really feels to me like post-rock is about being a never-ending intro or perhaps interlude. But the music is quite enjoyable, but too calm for me, it might work in the background whilst I'm doing something else, but I don't think I'd be able to listen to it while on bus or anything, because I'd get tired after a short while.

oh, and the video made me think of THIS, no good.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
I do understand that it's not really appealing to a lot of people because it isn't anything spectacular. But that's what I appreciate about it. It's really relaxing and enjoyable not matter what mood I'm in. But I can definitely see that it becomes kinda boring for some people.

And the video you posted... Oh god.
well right as it started, it sounds really awesome. I missed to go with it though .. I missed only that it didn't made a story in my head. I would stop listin when I have that feeling of an Intro like Jtank said :P
ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้