Toribash
View Poll Results: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
A
0 Votes / 0%
B
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

I was wondering if I may have my rank back? No future mistakes like that.
"In my opinion, the existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon." -Jon Osterman
Originally Posted by ysome View Post
I was wondering if I may have my rank back? No future mistakes like that.

Again, you aren't automatically entitled to a promotion. It will happen if you continue to demonstrate competence, and someone suggests that you be promoted (asking for a promotion does not increase your chance, in fact, it accomplishes the opposite). A good step towards that promotion would be to participate in a discussion or two, perhaps even from a few pages back.

Originally Posted by Timeenator View Post
2.) A mother is playing "Simon Says" with her two sons.

Now that is one of those solutions that I never would have come up with on my own. Knowing the solution/solving the problem doesn't quite have the same appeal to me as solving a logic problem, or analyzing a problem with game theory.
Last edited by Wight; Apr 28, 2013 at 06:32 AM.
Originally Posted by de4th
Now that is one of those solutions that I never would have come up with on my own.

Lol yeah. It kinda crept up on me actually. I was making a Logic assignment while playing "the floor is lava" with my toddler nephew, and it sort of dawned on me.

Originally Posted by de4th
Knowing the solution/solving the problem doesn't quite have the same appeal to me as solving a logic problem, or analyzing a problem with game theory.

Oh. Had I known, I would've posted some logic problems or quasi-paradoxical situations instead. I'm sorry if you weren't able to find much joy in my lateral thinking puzzles. I think I'm just the sort of guy who likes to come up with as many sensible interpretations as possible for a given ambiguous situation.
Last edited by Trick; Apr 28, 2013 at 08:08 AM.
fl0w
Actually, now that I think about it, I'm sorry for ruining the fun. Puzzles are one of those things that I actually like to think about, so I tend to be a sore loser at times. The quality of being a creative thinker is something that I envy greatly.
It's okay bro. "To each his own", as they say. Everyone has a puzzle-related weakness. My skills at creative/out-of-the-box reasoning are more-or-less balanced out by my ineptitude at solving puzzles that involve and/or require the use of game theory.

If you want, I'll try to look for some non-lateral thinking logic problems in my book, after which we'll go about our usual business of using our collective coconuts to dissect them. What do you say?
Last edited by Trick; Apr 28, 2013 at 08:09 AM.
fl0w
guys i just got notified that i have to go to my uncles house for 10 days so ill be inactive. Please do not move me to scamp i love this clan and i dont want to leave
Do You Even?
Should be fine, thanks for letting us know!
We need to strengthen our roots and bloom the inner flowers that represent our minds. We are not beasts. Not savages, but men.- PeaceKeeper62
Here's one that I hope you bros haven't encountered before (but if you have, please do share your solution):

A king wants his daughter to marry the smartest of 3 extremely intelligent young princes, and so the king's wise men devised an intelligence test.

The princes are gathered into a room and seated, facing one another, and are shown 2 black hats and 3 white hats. They are blindfolded, and 1 hat is placed on each of their heads, with the remaining hats hidden in a different room.

The king tells them that the first prince to deduce the color of his hat without removing it or looking at it will marry his daughter. A wrong guess will mean death. The blindfolds are then removed.

You are one of the princes. You see 2 white hats on the other prince's heads. After some time you realize that the other prince's are unable to deduce the color of their hat, or are unwilling to guess. What color is your hat?

Note: You know that your competitors are very intelligent and want nothing more than to marry the princess. You also know that the king is a man of his word, and he has said that the test is a fair test of intelligence and bravery.

-Edit-
This problem was given to my Logic 101 class as an assignment for Boolean logic/algebra. I, unfortunately, wasn't able to solve it.
Last edited by Trick; Apr 28, 2013 at 01:31 PM.
fl0w
If they are unwilling to guess, and unable.
And you said a test of bravery, I would probably ask the other princes what color mine was.
"In my opinion, the existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon." -Jon Osterman