Endurance Onslaught 6.0
WORKAHOLIC FRUIT IS WORKING HARD ON WORK AT HOME, STUCK ON SOME TEXTBOOK WORK AT HOME AT SCHOOL AT THE COMBINATION HOME AND SCHOOL.
QUESTION MARK EXCLAMATION POINT QUESTION MARK EXCLAMATION POINT QUESTION MARK EXCLAMATION POINT QUESTION MARK EXCLAMATION POINT QUESTION MARK
BTBRBRBRBBRBRBRRBBRBRBBRR HERE COMES ANOTHER CHINESE EARTHQUAKE
AEIOU
MY CHUM IS DOING HER WORK LIKE A GOOD CHUM AND I AM SO PROUD
-HANGS UP A FRUIT CERRTIFICATE ON A WALL AND LOOKS AT IT-
THIS IS FOR A NUGGET
Last edited by fluffykat; Jan 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM.
Fuck.
This was.. interesting.
Got home early today, no one else home.
I had forgotten my keys.
Grabbed a ladder from the garage wall, put it up against my half-closed window, used a paper to unhook the latch, reached in through the window, grabbed my keys, unlocked the front door.

So I basically just broke into my own house.
crazylars: Nope, I'm just dumb
I miss you Foxfaeg, I will never forget you <3
So I sort of want some advice again.

Basically I've got two friends who're pretty depressed, and I don't really know how I should help them. Both of them already talk to be about it all and trust me, but I dunno if I should/could help them in any other way. They do harm themselves to think of something other than their depressing thoughts, which obviously isn't good for them.

One is depressed because of feeling worthless while the other dwells on events as a result of social anxiety.

Want to help them but don't really know how, or if I should do anything more than listen and talk to them...
Proud member of Pandora
That's a really rough situation. I've been on both sides of that so I'll impart some wisdom.

Ultimately they have to get through it themselves. It's something that they're avoiding to deal with. If they let you help them deal with it, then good. For most situations they really won't, and they'll just be sad and hard to approach.
You need to support them so they at least have some self esteem to deal with it. This might mean talking to them a bit, but don't let them ramble about how they will never overcome it. When you're depressed it's impossible to be optimistic. Try and be optimistic for them.

I'd get them to talk about what is really upsetting them. Like I said, sometimes they won't want to and you can't blame yourself for not being able to help them. Often talking about it enough can really make a difference. If it's social anxiety, then he might need more than talking. I guess get him to go down the street with you and friends if it is possible. It might make him gain some of his own confidence.

The whole time you're helping these guys out, don't let it weigh too much on you.
HEy
Oh holy shit guys, I just updated my phone to Windows Phone 7.8
It's fucking aaaweesoooomeeeee. Loving the changes.
I've been squee-ing like a fangirl for 15 minutes.
crazylars: Nope, I'm just dumb
I miss you Foxfaeg, I will never forget you <3