Toribash
For some people it's the same reason that people play games or watch movies - it's just fun. For others the community keeps them around. The inability to sit by and watch stuff be done the wrong way. The desire to improve process and the community when they can/want. A sense of empowerment not being met in their offline lives. Epeen.

These cover a lot of the reasons for why people would get into it. Many of these reasons are also why people stay but add to that the sunk time fallacy and FOMO.
I applied for gamemaster at a time where they're weren't many and the ones we had weren't too active - events weren't on that much and gmtourneys were few and far between. I applied because I thought that they needed me, which is also what keeps me going. I love getting to know the community and all the twinks that come with that
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
What exactly is so wrong with account sharing? Why ban people who share their accounts if they have done no harm?
You opened the SpaghettiO's, now you gotta sniff them.
Originally Posted by Tourneymun View Post
What exactly is so wrong with account sharing? Why ban people who share their accounts if they have done no harm?

What happens when the person you shared it with decides to scam people using your account, etc. Then you get banned for it, and your excuse is, "Oh, but I shared my account with my friend! It wasn't me!" (you would seem pretty silly to let someone do that with your account)

Also what if your friend decides he wants all your items and TC and leaves you with nothing? Why should we support you getting your stuff back if you decided to share your account? It's just easier to keep it simple and enforce the rule of no sharing accounts, trading accounts, etc to avoid headaches that come along with it being allowed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
Originally Posted by DruggedPanda View Post
What happens when the person you shared it with decides to scam people using your account, etc. Then you get banned for it, and your excuse is, "Oh, but I shared my account with my friend! It wasn't me!" (you would seem pretty silly to let someone do that with your account)

Also what if your friend decides he wants all your items and TC and leaves you with nothing? Why should we support you getting your stuff back if you decided to share your account? It's just easier to keep it simple and enforce the rule of no sharing accounts, trading accounts, etc to avoid headaches that come along with it.

Alrighty, I suppose it puts that into light, it just bothered me that a lot of actual innocent users could be banned because of this rule.
You opened the SpaghettiO's, now you gotta sniff them.
Which job would you say is the most difficult? (ex: GM, SMod, MSquad, etc)

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
In terms of stress levels I would likely think that MS is up there. Market guys have to consistently deal with people scamming each other. (like there is never a day that goes by that someone hasn't been scammed, which is sad)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Aye, MSquad have the hardest, most thankless job to do on the forum in my opinion, namely due to scam reports. Pretty good vetting process for other staff positions though.
collect snots from the nose
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
Which job would you say is the most difficult? (ex: GM, SMod, MSquad, etc)

MS & GM - both the tasks that involve constant direct contact with users, who will generally go out their way to make their job an even more miserable task.

Smods have a pretty leisurely job, and unless shit goes down the same can be said for people higher up.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Hm, interesting. I always thought SMods had a more stressful job.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."