Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Streets of Shield.

"Hurm, well I could hold a concert and act as a distraction while you slip away and such possibly? Our version was less guarded and more not giving a damn about being wanted. So we got in and murdered everyone." Acron says shrugging.

"Unless you have anything better."
<Vox> meh, you never end up anywhere in computer
<Vox> you are just where ever you are
---------------
<avwave> its always fun to eat a polymorph ring
<avwave> unless you morph into a basilisk in a room full of mirrors
-----------------------
<Vox> I just imagine a guy in a lab coat and fluffy gloves holding a snowflake being stared down by the university research managers
Streets of Shield

"I don't think he would even be in the mood for music. It's quite the risk. Trying to sneak in otherwise would be exceptional difficult. The fortress of Shield is almost impenetrable. I think we'll have to rely on that window."
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Streets of Shield

"So be it." Acron says mildly disappointed.
---------------
-----------------------
<Vox> I just imagine a guy in a lab coat and fluffy gloves holding a snowflake being stared down by the university research managers
Dead Man's Vale
Raising an eyebrow
"A way? So is this a spell?"
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Streets of Shield

"We're here, anyway."

A high fortress looms over them, surrounded by lawns and gardens. A gate the opened to a paved road to the entrance of the castle laid before them, guarded by two pikemen. As the duo approached, one of the guards blocked the entrance before them.

"Hold there. What business have you inside these walls?"

Fate steps ahead of Acron.

"We come for audience with the Governing Commander, good sir. It is nothing harmful, we simply wish to discuss serious grievances. Surely you wouldn't mind letting us through."

His hand disappears into his cloak for a second, and reappears holding an absurdly fat pouch, clinking with coins. Fate thrusts it into the hand of the gaping guard.

"There's more for you and your friend if you let us through, friend."

The guard gulps, looks at his friend, nods, and motions for the pair to follow him.

They travel down the paved road to the gates of the castle, where another pair of sentries await. The first guard nods to the second pair, and they open the gate and accompany Fate and Acron into the castle hall, leaving the other guard walking back to his post, richer than ever with fake coins.

They are hurried through the grand hall (adorned in all manners with tapestries displaying an intricate heater shield, displays of past battles, chandeliers and luxurious rugs) into the inner lobby.

Dead Man's Vale

"No, not quite. It's an artifact. They call it "the Ring of the Cloud Lords". It will help us tremendously. So, what do you say? Want to go steal an artifact?"
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Dead Man's Vale
His eyes widened, Roy is visibly interested.
"An artifact huh? I'm interested."
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Shield Palace

"No marks." Acron whispers a spilt second before moving.

He turns suddenly swinging his left arm out and pulling the guard near him's right shoulder turning him to face Acron directly.

He follows up with a quick ridgehand strike to the mans throat, Crushing his windpipe.

He catches the man's limp but still gasping for air body with his left hand and slows his fall to the ground and covers the mans mouth.
---------------
-----------------------
Shield Palace

Before the other guard can even gasp, Fate covers his head with his arms and flexes. There's a cracking sound, and Fate lets the guard slip to the ground, head completely deformed.

He looks to the window, twenty feet up and left of the door to the throne room. A simple upside down "U" shape, but without latches for opening.

"Any suggestions?"
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Shield Palace.

"All I see is noisy bloody paths, if you have an alternative to knocking loudly say it now."
---------------
-----------------------
Shield Palace

Fate looks up at the window.

"I'm out of ideas that are useful. There will be guards on the walls, so the window won't be safe. The private safe will be hard to get to without fighting someone anyway. There's only one way to it, and it's probably in the throne room. I wouldn't be surprised if it's accessed through a throne hatch. That's not uncommon. Still, I'm not entirely sure if it would be in the throne room, in the dungeons, in the barracks, in his quarters... but it's probably in there."

He faces the double doors to the throne room.

"Prepare yourself, assassin."

With that, Fate rears back his fists, takes a step forward, and puts his entire weight into the doors, one hand each. On collision, there's a ripple, and the doors explode into splinters and metal bits.

Fate emerges from the lobby, a hood over his head, cracking his knuckles. The chandeliers and tapestries adorning the large throne room ruffle from the blast.

Linnorm and his guards shield their face from the blast, Linnorm just out of his ornate silver throne set on a dais. Years of training, however, surge forth, and they ready themselves. There are six.

Halls leading from the room are filled with screams and panicked cries, as more guards rush in.

Fate stands tall in front of the ruined doorway.

"I suggest you surrender while you have the chance."

Dead Man's Vale

Caed points to the cabin.

"Get ready. We'll probably encounter resistance at the castle. The Shield fortress is well guarded."
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor