Toribash
I woud say don't spend your IP on champions. Runes at tier 3 are hella expensive, and it's really to your benefit to have a full page of tier 3 runes over x amount of champions you could have purchased.

Just as an example, I had around 16k when I hit level 20, and not even a full rune page set me back to 2k. Purchasing champions, that would have got me 2, 6300 champions and a 3150 champion.

However, I now have extra health for all champions I pick, along with armor penetration or magic pentration depending on which page of runes I pick. Paired with the appropriate masteries, it makes a noticable difference.

Then again, I spent over $100 on champions, so I never really needed to spend IP for champions.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
yeah considering the fact the last 6 or so 6300 champs riot has released either suck or have been nerfed into oblivion

Like... Maokai? Definitely strong. Renekton? Also strong after his buffs/fixes. Karma? She's okay at best, okay. Caitlyn? Pretty good. Cassiopeia? High skill floor/awkwardness to play, she's okay. Trundle? One of the strongest junglers just for his versatility.

EDIT: Oops, you meant the 6300... take off Karma and Trundle, put in Irelia (strong mid) and Swain (fucking ace tanky mage). Even better.
Last edited by RedDevil; Feb 20, 2011 at 06:16 PM.
Originally Posted by Ponzo View Post
I'm not really looking to spend cash on this game.

You don't have to. It makes it easier to get champions, and the skins are overall nice. But runes HAVE to be bought with IP. I'd say just go with the free rotations and get a feel for every champion until level 20. Get a suitable rune page for your favourite champion, and possibly buy him.
Is it true that tryndamere is OP? Peoples are calling it OP but I don't see how it's OP. Is it because of its CD or doing triple the dmg in about a rapid of second or is it a different reason?

I had a match were a kid was calling me a noob and all of that for using tryn just because I was killing him in 3-4 hits lol, but that didn't bother me that much.

But I want to hear what you guys think of Tryn.
| GATA | Guild Wars 2 | Anime United |
Originally Posted by iNoTo View Post
Is it true that tryndamere is OP? Peoples are calling it OP but I don't see how it's OP. Is it because of its CD or doing triple the dmg in about a rapid of second or is it a different reason?

I had a match were a kid was calling me a noob and all of that for using tryn just because I was killing him in 3-4 hits lol, but that didn't bother me that much.

But I want to hear what you guys think of Tryn.

Balanced... Exhaust is still a pretty hard counter to him, and so is GETTING ARMOR. He doesn't do well at all before level 6, being a rather weak laner overall because of his stupidly low range, so I'd rather have a jungle Trynd. He just gets shut down so easily if people know when to stun him (during his ultimate), and when to take advantage of him (when he doesn't have his ultimate). He stomps pubs.
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Balanced... Exhaust is still a pretty hard counter to him, and so is GETTING ARMOR. He doesn't do well at all before level 6, being a rather weak laner overall because of his stupidly low range, so I'd rather have a jungle Trynd. He just gets shut down so easily if people know when to stun him (during his ultimate), and when to take advantage of him (when he doesn't have his ultimate). He stomps pubs.

This ^

Trynda is one of my most played champions and whenever I play him I go jungle unless we have someone who needs it. The speed he can clear out the jungle is one of the fastest but he is a BIT luck dependent because he needs criticals to actually jungle well. Lots of people call him OP because they get rolled by a trynda and have no idea how to counter him, which, in fact, is pretty easy.