Toribash
View Poll Results: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
A
0 Votes / 0%
B
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Hawkes: Oh no, I meant that Mr./Ms. Cyber chose to return the TC and items to the clan by personally transferring them to djbro, who, of course, is another member of our clan.

I say yes to mugily. I met him on the semi-pro wushu server. He told me that he really wanted to join our clan because we are, and I quote, "nice people". He fights pretty well too.
-----
Also, D&D alignment? Thank God I applied before that became a "fun question". I'm familiar with Dungeons & Dragons, but I don't know much about it. I'm thankful that my sis is an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie buff. If she wasn't, I would've never gotten that "Undercover Kindergarten Cop" reference.
Last edited by Trick; Apr 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
fl0w
I would very much like to have a clan D&D game I'm not sure how this would be played out however I'm sure the internet has a solution
-----
selling crimson blood and ghost! offers over 1800tc! pick em up cheap cheap!
Last edited by Zanderhar; Apr 26, 2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
You’ve been taught all your life that truth is easy to hide. You'll face your judgment another day and suffer eternally.
Ok, I didn't miss much... Guys, did any of you who said "yes" to mugli actually met him ingame? I met him last night on our server an he got into an argument with Zander's gf for basically nothing. Then he used the excuse of "I'm not always like this... I'm like this only when provoked."

I would've said yes if it wasn't for that, sorry if I offend anyone but I'll have to not vote on it.
I will still stick to my original decision of voting in favor of mugily joining our clan, however, the rather shady situation presented by Mpk makes it WAY harder for mugily to get in, especially since we don't really condone aggressive behaviour, be it in-game or in the forums. More than that, most of the higher-ranked members of the clan (whose say holds a lot of weight in terms of communal decision-making) haven't even voted yet. This revelation might effectively tip the balance negatively in terms of overall clan approval.

One question though, what exactly caused the alleged "provocation" that led to mugily having an argument with Zander's girlfriend?
Last edited by Trick; Apr 26, 2013 at 02:53 PM.
fl0w
She told him not to be an ass cause it wouldn't favor his chances of getting in the clan, and he was an ass only a tiny little bit and to be honest I wasn't really offended by him but he got offended when she told him that... I don't believe that to be good behavior. But maybe that's just me :/
A D&D game would be pretty neat. Good luck getting everyone all set up though. I have a system I made myself, but I don't know if it's easier or harder to make it work for new players in comparison to 3rd edition and... huh. I'm just digging myself into a bigger and bigger nerd hole, aren't I?

I suppose by dint of liking Toribash, a game where you literally control every joint in a physics object's body, I am already a nerd anyway. Oh well. Can't say I don't like it.

Anyway, yeah, assuming I have some freetime in the coming summer, I could deftotes host a D&D campaign. just realized i haven't added my skype to the group and whatnot, but I can probably manage that.

In other news related to clan matters, I am going to refrain from voting on Mugily. I fought with and played with him for a time, but I don't believe I can make a truly sound judgement until I know better his personality type. From a grammatical standpoint, no. From a Magus's standpoint? He has one post on the forums and that's his request for clan membership, so there's no way to understand his past attitude from previous posts. Stylistically, in twinswords and in mushu, he tends to repeat techniques. I watched him use deathball and then, in the very next round he was in, he used deathstep. On a personal level I have a problem with that, but that's a matter of preference. I just like inventiveness.

I haven't had an opportunity to see how he does when he is inconvenienced (or when a part is cut off and he goes full relax mid-combat) but I would be interested to see what his reaction to that would be before I can feel like I'd make an accurate judgement. Since we're not really based on rank or belt but more on awesome, my opinion on recruitment is this:

If a person who wants to join our clan is awesome in one or more categories and polite to both friends and enemies, they can join.

If a person who wants to join our clan is not really awesome in any category of toribash, but is polite and awesome spiritually, they can join.

If a person who wants to join our clan is unoriginally awesome but polite, they can join.

If a person who wants to join our clan is original, awesome, and talks so much trash it turns the air blue around them, no. They cannot join.

If a person who wants to join our clan is unoriginally awesome and talks trash, they will NEVER join.

If a person who wants to join our clan is originally awesome, polite to friends, but talks trash to enemies, NO. They cannot join.

ANYONE WHO RAGEQUITS cannot join.

ANYONE WHO IS UNWILLING TO READ cannot join. Half the reason the world is in the state it is is because people will not learn or read new things. If we're promoting awesome, we should promote reading too. Of course it's just my opinion. No real overall bearing. My voice may count for something, but it's a democracy for a reason.

-----
For clarification, these categories are who I'll usually vote yes or no for. I ain't putting them down as guidelines for others to follow specifically to get in or vote.
Last edited by Flexible_Fool; Apr 26, 2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: WALL OF TEXT EDITION!!
I'm an oldstyle peacekeeper in an age without them. I'm a fluid-gendered romantic with an eye for good writing. I'm a studier of martial disciplines of many kinds, and a bit of a geek when it comes to fiction.

I love to play games and I love learning new things, so in that sense I suppose I'm a people person. I pride myself on my ability to get along with just about anyone, so long as I've been fed in recent memory, but as they say- pride cometh before the fall. I'm certain someone I can't stand will show up eventually.

In my spare time I'm probably writing up posts for my blog of poetry and stories: http://samoliver.wordpress.com
Donated 10,000tc to the bank, updated the main page to reflect donation.
-----
Also added the Eidolon category to the Roster spoiler along with it's accounts
-----
Could someone explain the "ORACLE" position ?
-----
I propose something, if it's not to much of a bother. If clan rules change or someone gets ranked or should be getting ranked up or down or ANYTHING for that matter. Is it to much to ask for a notification sent out to the moderators of the clan ? Anything minor that we missed could be a problem, and if we're aware of certain things we can actually assist in the changes done around here. I'm not extremely active on the forums but I do like to make sure everything's neato on our clan page and it's hard to do so when I don't know what's moved out of place or changed.
-----
Infact, I have a great idea! Why not make a forum only AND only for every update ?

For example, I could have posted the donation and main page updates on that page which is strictly to post only updates of that sort.

That includes promotions, bans, clan events, etc.
Last edited by Zinrius; Apr 26, 2013 at 06:57 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
~You cannot say it does not exist until you see it~
Oracle position - ModSpot is simply a server management tool for the oblv room.

It's like a bank in the sense that it's a tool as opposed to an alt - but he stays in the server in case it would otherwise drop below 1 player and stop existing.

He also acts as the house.
Originally Posted by Flexible_Fool View Post
ANYONE WHO IS UNWILLING TO READ cannot join. Half the reason the world is in the state it is is because people will not learn or read new things. If we're promoting awesome, we should promote reading too. Of course it's just my opinion. No real overall bearing. My voice may count for something, but it's a democracy for a reason.

This is the primary reason for the current application procedure. While attitude can be evaluated from in-game interactions, reading comprehension and overall post quality must be considered. Anyone who is willing to read (and learn about a few things that they may not already understand) has more of a potential to change for the better, if they aren't already awesome.

Originally Posted by Zinrius View Post
I propose something, if it's not to much of a bother. If clan rules change or someone gets ranked or should be getting ranked up or down or ANYTHING for that matter. Is it to much to ask for a notification sent out to the moderators of the clan ? Anything minor that we missed could be a problem, and if we're aware of certain things we can actually assist in the changes done around here. I'm not extremely active on the forums but I do like to make sure everything's neato on our clan page and it's hard to do so when I don't know what's moved out of place or changed.
-----
Infact, I have a great idea! Why not make a forum only AND only for every update ?

For example, I could have posted the donation and main page updates on that page which is strictly to post only updates of that sort.

That includes promotions, bans, clan events, etc.

I've sent you an invite to a social group. I'll try to post future updates there, since posts in this thread are often lost following a discussion that spans multiple pages. If you'd prefer, I can also do the same with sending a PM, since the group does not give notifications.