Endurance Onslaught 6.0

First minmus landing, completed with probe

Those outer fuel tanks were a bitch to control, you can't imagine how tense the local fuel transfers I had to do were.

But I'm pretty happy with the result, specially the probe I remembered to include :D
multiple texture uploader! updated: multiple texture remover!
updated pretty colorlist!

<BobJoelZ> ok ive just rebooted my pc and ive tried to activate my reflex on yahoo internet explorer :/ no luck

<Aracoon> I do not enjoy having anal sex with multiple men
Spent the evening on learning to make my own parts and here's the first one:
An ordinary fuel tank
Nothing much but okay for a firstie i guess : D

meep

Well, basically i made a mod.
You need to make a 3d model, a texture for it, you can use cfg's from stock parts and alter them to your needs.
More complex parts even require programming skills to make.
There are quite a few tutorials on making parts for ksp.
Last edited by Karolk; Dec 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM.

Nice looking model, I really like the tubes, but isn't the whole thing a bit blocky?
Last edited by GamerDaPro; Dec 13, 2012 at 10:34 PM.
0x6869706F7469626F72
I made the model low poly because the tutorial told me to (even if that's only needed to run the game on your grandma's rig)
Anyways i'm working on something way more complicated right now, migt finish it trough the weekend.

*progress update*
gave it a smoother look and made a whole new part- a nosecone
(I know the textures look crappy but i can change them anytime)
shadows look weird because i forgot to remove the lamp from the scene.

meep

-----------------
Liquid fuel motor modelling is going a lot better than expected :3
I think i'm catching on the workflow.

Still slightly WIP

Last edited by Karolk; Dec 15, 2012 at 05:38 PM.

The nosecones are a bit choppy at the bottom, or is it just the lack of antialiasing? And you should increase the poly count on them too.

Anyways they look good for basic stuff so far, the textures could be improved though, but those are the easiest to do.

I might look into modding too, could you link a tutorial where things are written down such as the model sizes, cfg values, etc?

Edit: just realized I can add lights to the model itself, but does the light in the model file interact with other parts around it ingame? (for example if I'd like to make a green light, that lights the whole vehicle around it)
Last edited by GamerDaPro; Dec 16, 2012 at 01:46 AM.
0x6869706F7469626F72
Originally Posted by GamerDaPro View Post
The nosecones are a bit choppy at the bottom, or is it just the lack of antialiasing? And you should increase the poly count on them too.

Anyways they look good for basic stuff so far, the textures could be improved though, but those are the easiest to do.

I might look into modding too, could you link a tutorial where things are written down such as the model sizes, cfg values, etc?

Edit: just realized I can add lights to the model itself, but does the light in the model file interact with other parts around it ingame? (for example if I'd like to make a green light, that lights the whole vehicle around it)

The nosecones are actually even too high-poly causing lag. That's just aliasing.
I recommend using blender for making models and unity 3d once you catch the drill and want to make more complex parts. (you need to add lights with unity i believe)
Blender tuts (alot of them)
Ksp blender tutorial
For CFG refferences use the stock part cfg's.
By the way, i finished my weekend project, a liquid fuel engine ^_^