Toribash
i only just realized i mistook awelotta for fluffs. whoops. sorry awelotta, i recognize that you exist now and are a separate entity i know nothing about and posted a song i thought was cool so that's cool.

@glute, re: funny video
it's a really abstract joke. it's not a political joke though. it's, like, a chaotic mashup and.. mutation of different pieces of media. it combines two pretty dumb things to make something just unfathomably, confusingly dumb and weird. which is funny to me. it's aggressively senseless and devoid of real meaning but full of pieces that individually "make sense" in weird ways. maybe it's a subversive commentary on how senseless a lot of media is.

it's also just kind of an alien, algorithmic approach to humor (mashing things up without any deeper motive), which is uhhh a sign of the times. computers. algorithms. yeah. there's something there. that's my analysis.

my basic reaction is i smile cheerfully at it because it matches my sense of humor; i don't, like, analyze it before i decide whether not it's funny. i have an actual sense of humor.

extremely belated edit: also in case anyone can't tell because of the audio distortion, he's saying "niggaaaa" and not the Hard R version and if he was saying the Hard R version that would kind of dampen the humor to me. also the "the n word" and "niggaaa" voice clips come from a different surreal humor video, which is why this is a mashup.
Last edited by Brackass; Oct 31, 2019 at 08:24 PM.
Joke Analysis: so aggressively, overbearingly, deliberately corny that it was funny in a dumb way. i guess it's corniness with irony. ironic corniness. deadpan corniness almost. british humor tends to have a lot of irony. supposedly.
let's play, u guys. i currently exist, so let's be pals together *peeps u guys' online status and waves*

ok i listened to this song an UNREASONABLE amount today

-----
this is a perfect explanation of my last relationship (aka uh ended 2 months ago after being basically married in a sense, bad times, but i'm good now)

title here i guess

i was thinking recently about my multiracial makeup and it's potential influence on my brain neurons lol. i'm just happy my brain is relatively large and capable, if anything.
Last edited by fluffykat; Oct 31, 2019 at 02:15 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Fuck.
fluffs and I had a voice chat. we're going to see if we can watch The Maxx tomorrow. if you get that where it's available, we can all watch.
-----
i feel like i'm directing conversation too much, so i'm going to jump off for a bit. if you guys wanna talk, hmu with a request
Last edited by absaglute; Oct 31, 2019 at 05:32 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
@awelotta hey you, you there, recommend more hiatus kayote songs or uh whatever else kinda music you like

also try this

Tricot - Munasawagi

Last edited by Brackass; Oct 31, 2019 at 08:16 PM.
@Brackass ah yes Tricot is a good band. I haven't listened to them for a while.

This is also math rock

elephant gym

huh ok, if Tricot doesn't weird you out even a little (which is refreshing), then I'm gonna throw out something Much Weirder to see what happens.

fig 1. the coolest thing i've seen come out of vaporwave (52 minutes)

fig 2. the coolest thing i've seen come out of chiptune (16 minutes)

not that i'm actually asking anyone to listen to this whole 68 minutes of music i just dumped. just curious if you already know it or if you don't know it but check it out and happen to find it at all intriguing or whatever.
Last edited by Brackass; Oct 31, 2019 at 11:25 PM.
absaglute, reporting in for movie night. I'll be around in discord

Our house is being trick-or-treated. halloween is such a weird holiday to feel obligated to participate in. i'm not not glad it exists, i just feel that it's besides a cash grab by candy companies it's just weird. also that it's good that you can start things like that.

i would like to start a tradition of... anarko-nomadism