Toribash
Originally Posted by Razasha View Post
Someone know, how to make blood?

Yup, the most true to form way of doing it is using meta-spheres (which are what OpenGL calls "blobs"), most packages have an equivalent primitive to work with.

Alternately you can do it by hand using sculpted spheres or fluid simulation.
Here's and example with these 3 methods

Clockwise from top left: Sculpted spheres, metaballs, simulated fluid.
Clearly I should have simulated the fluid a bit better!

You can also combine sculpted spheres or metaballs with particle simulation so you don't have to place them by hand.

EDIT: I made a fluid simulation animation to show how you can use it well, but blender crashed and I lost it >_< I don't have the motivation to make another XD
Last edited by kumi; Apr 18, 2012 at 03:57 PM.
Metaballs suit the comic-ish style of toribash better. Stylized characters need stylized blood, I guess?

Also

2.000.000 polygons for absolutely nothing

DeviantArt (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Warning: Removal of the attached label is punishable by instant death.
That sure is a lot of polys! I like the top half, but the bottom half looks like you got a bit sloppy - eg the pomel isn't even beveled, it has a sharp edge D:

On a sidenote I have way too much study to do right now, so in a week can someone please remind me to go view Grypon and wiirus's inspirational deviant art gallerys :L
I have an incredible urge to make dragons eating watermelons and crazy procedural animations and... tunnels :I
Originally Posted by ViperTech View Post
As said, too less time to work harder on it
The render time was just 30s. Rendered it out on my new workstation.

Requesting workstation specs! I just ordered a new processor (went with 6-cores JUST because of the small amount of 3d I do. Quad core would've been better for gaming), hoping it will increase my times dramatically. It should, my last CPU was just duel-core, and a pretty slow one at that.
Model/scene is looking great man, looking forward to the next update.

Originally Posted by wiirus View Post
Metaballs suit the comic-ish style of toribash better. Stylized characters need stylized blood, I guess?

Also

2.000.000 polygons for absolutely nothing

2 mil polygons, shit-tier shadows. WHY? Model looks gewd though, some of the 'spines' or pokey-things are too close to the, uh, 'net' that goes around the ball imo. Nice work.
<Crooked> I'd say spartan, cause if he's tough enough to digest ungodly amounts of alcohol he clearly has the best body
Originally Posted by kumi View Post
That sure is a lot of polys! I like the top half, but the bottom half looks like you got a bit sloppy - eg the pomel isn't even beveled, it has a sharp edge D:

On a sidenote I have way too much study to do right now, so in a week can someone please remind me to go view Grypon and wiirus's inspirational deviant art gallerys :L
I have an incredible urge to make dragons eating watermelons and crazy procedural animations and... tunnels :I

Awww yeah, about time somebody 3d-ifies Gryphon's dragons!

Sharp edges can be fixed, I guess. I thought I'd extend this part anyway.

Originally Posted by Spartan094 View Post
2 mil polygons, shit-tier shadows. WHY? Model looks gewd though, some of the 'spines' or pokey-things are too close to the, uh, 'net' that goes around the ball imo. Nice work.

Why? Because My Pc would die attempting a proper GI render. Had to do without.
I think I know what you mean, but I somehow messed the object hierarchy, so that might be hard to fix. I might just redo it, considering that many elements were used multiple times.
DeviantArt (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Originally Posted by Spartan094 View Post
Requesting workstation specs! I just ordered a new processor (went with 6-cores JUST because of the small amount of 3d I do. Quad core would've been better for gaming), hoping it will increase my times dramatically. It should, my last CPU was just duel-core, and a pretty slow one at that.

That image was not rendered at my big new workstation. The older one just have quad-cpu/quadcore (so 16cores), 16GB DDR3 and a 8TB RAID.
The new special build workstation from SGI is more a monster. More CPU's, more RAM etc.
If you think about scenes with more than some 10k mil polys, extremly usage of particles, textures with partly over 14kx14k px and full-hd output you can imagine that only a hell of a machine can even handle the composition of the scene (not talking about the rendering itself, thats done by the renderfarm, just the composing)

Normally I tend to render out my private works on a normal PC, like my shitty old quadcore with only 8GB ram, just that user can compare rendertimes with their own machines. But the car (actually scene have 2.5mil polys) would take ages to render on higher settings.

Originally Posted by wiirus View Post

Sweet thing, I like it. Maybe give it a little more aged look and adding a slight bumpmap to the sphere to give it more depth and more life?
I specially like the material on the sphere. Tbh I dont wanna hit with that thingy
Last edited by ViperTech; May 2, 2012 at 06:52 AM.
Check my Soundcloud ;)

Changed some stuff now.

For good dirtmaps I'd have to bake the textures, I might have a go at it.
DeviantArt (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
the amount of detail is amazing!

you modelled everything in the "handle"?
Belt: 10th Dan ; Clan: JollyR
Orgs: ORMO, Portugal Organization and T3AL
Yes. I cheated though. Pretty much. Nearly everything here are parametric objects, grouped to elements and put into radial arrays/cloners.

There are only 2 or 3 parts where actual modelling was involved.
DeviantArt (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Hey, can I ask? What free softwares r u guys using?
Proud Founder/Leader of Odd and Member of RSO
Proud and Loyal Sensei of xXShio13Xx, Rodac, Firetiger, Umgcow, and DeaThDAN