Toribash
Mettan is a great one. It has a good combination of flat lands and cool mountains/hills c: Derpyshit also has a desert and some fucking INTENSE-ASS MOUNTAINS
Originally Posted by Bio View Post
Mettan is a great one. It has a good combination of flat lands and cool mountains/hills c: Derpyshit also has a desert and some fucking INTENSE-ASS MOUNTAINS

Trying them out now
Thought I'd share this.

Originally Posted by JWJ View Post
Real Minecraft server hosting, not Minecraft VPS templates
Unlike most Minecraft providers, Brohoster does not throw its servers onto VPSes; we run them on dedicated industry-grade hardware in Softlayer datacenters. Despite having such high performing servers, we're able to get the price low enough (for you and us) so you can afford performance without compromise.

Our servers run on the following:
Dual Quad-Core Xeon Westmere E5620 @ 2.4ghz
24GB DDR3 Triple Channel ECC
4x500GB SATAII 7200RPM in RAID-10 with an Adaptec RAID card and BBU
1000mbit Port
Features
Every one of our Minecraft servers comes with Bukkit preinstalled. Files can be uploaded/downloaded via FTP or TCAdmin's file manager, such as the world and any bukkit plugins you'd like installed! Like the rest of our servers, your minecraft server can be controlled from TCAdmin. Besides that, it's just simple and powerful Minecraft hosting.

There is a custom Bukkit plugin that's being planned/developed to allow for statistics tracking, but that's not available yet and we're not sure when we will have it available.Pricing
Bedrock Tier (128MB) - $3.95/mo (Suggested 4 players)
Stone Tier (256MB) - $7.95/mo (Suggested 8 players)
Iron Tier (512MB) - $15.95/mo (Suggested 16 players)
Gold Tier (1024MB) - $31.95/mo (Suggested 32 players)
Diamond Tier (2048MB) - $63.95/mo (Suggested 64 players)

Also, these packages are upgradeable and downgradeable. If you need more power for more people, you can easily upgrade! If your server got a little less popular, you can also downgrade.

P.S. The bedrock package is perfect for some friends that just want to build things together! If four of you throw in, it would only cost each of you a dollar a month!

You can visit the order form for Minecraft here. Notes on the RAM requirements of Minecraft
Many of you are probably going to be wondering why we're even selling 128MB. A lot of people think that Minecraft requires at least 1GB of RAM no matter how many players you are running, and this simply isn't true. I believe this is because as people get more RAM in a VPS, they also get more CPU power; this led to people believing lack of RAM equals lack of speed. The error message in the multiplayer server probably didn't help either.

If there isn't 'enough RAM', java will just outright crash or not even start. What really matters is Disk IO and CPU, something that VPSes severely lack in. We have some of the most powerful hardware available in our servers for all the factors; disk, cpu, ram, and network. Lag is no longer an issue, even for the lowest amounts of RAM. If you aren't satisfied, there's a 72 hour refund period in which you can get a full refund.

If you want to try out the 128MB server, feel free to join our 128MB test server at 50.22.2.22!

There's a thread at minecraft.net if you want to visit it and post a review! http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...=1027&t=205904

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/106...ing-at-3.95-mo!

I'm currently running at the stone tier and it's fantastic. Hosting a solid 8 players just about all day long. No crashing, services are great. I really recommend 'em.
Last edited by Clow; Mar 6, 2011 at 01:27 AM.
Woah. Awesome prices. I might actually try and run a server for a bit since I have some money lying around c: Would be nice to have a small little server with other tb peeps :v
Originally Posted by souldevilj View Post
ok well since £1 = $2.15 $3.50 would be...
Hmm..
2.15/10=0.215
0.215 = 10%
bahh I think I just attempted it wrong :S

wtf are you trying to do there lol

First off, 1 brithish pound or whatever is equivilant to 1.6262 dollars*

So the math would be

1/1.62 = 0.6149305128520477
0.6149305128520477 * 3.5 = 2.152256794982167

So, 2.15£.

*According to google

EDIT:

Dude, it's not even 3.5$ for a server. It's 3.95, which is ~2.42 pounds.
Not bad. I'll definetely ask around and see how manypeople would want to play on a server with me and find out how much i'll need to spend. I have 80$ so it'll be a temporary server. Unless i get other people from the mc forums to willinglly donate
Originally Posted by Bio View Post
Not bad. I'll definetely ask around and see how manypeople would want to play on a server with me and find out how much i'll need to spend. I have 80$ so it'll be a temporary server. Unless i get other people from the mc forums to willinglly donate

I would love to join a server with you, as long as I fix my connection problems. For some reason, I cannot be non-laggy on any server anymore. I have perfect connection, I have no idea what is happening lol. But yeah, if you make a server, tell me on IRC or shoot me a pm :o