Toribash
[+] Iskenos - Accepted! Welcome to Team Aikido
-----
[-] Venoninho0 - Denied. We didn't find anything too special in your described play-style. You're definitely not bad so you're welcome to re-apply in two weeks.
Last edited by footlox; Sep 20, 2016 at 01:29 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Main Account Name: Falwryn
Current Belt: Master Belt
Clan History: TDW (dead), Atlantic (dead), Vengeance
(hmm clans I enter always seem to die eventually, am I a curse? )
How I Rate My Aikido Skills from 1 to 5 (5 is best): 4
(side note: I will likely never consider myself 5/5 since there's always something to learn even if you are the best, also if I were, I'd have all of the TA moves nailed lol. Plus it's cocky to say you're the best, in my mind only other people should call you that even if you are the best.)

My Aikido Play Style:
Usually I start off pretty defensive, especially if I haven't played the opponent before. I'll try and get a throw of some kind or maybe a turnover most games, occasionally going for legs, dms, or damage if necessary. If I notice someone's leaving something open such as their head or legs, I'll start getting more aggressive and attempting something with them, or I might see a good opportunity to start a hip throw. I actually had started developing my own hip throw even before reading up on them here, your knowledge base just made me better at it.

Why I Want to Join Team Aikido:
Well you guys seem like you know what you're doing and I've met some of you and you're a nice bunch with actual skill and a sense of fairplay. I've played with Aquita long ago, Monkey played vs me today (as you'll see from one of the replays hehe), both of you are people I could possibly learn from, plus I like having a challenge. I was also recommended to join TA by someone after they saw me throw someone. Recently I've been wanting to learn more advanced techniques properly and not just improvising absolutely everything (however I got pretty good just by doing that). I'm capable of a number of the higher tier moves in your list but there are some things I'm not so good at which I may need help with, for instance I usually find it hard to do sweeps with my legs or leglocks, leglocks/guards especially since I never find a way to get the leg behind them safely. Mostly I want to join for the chance to learn (and perhaps even make) better moves.

Most of the included replays actually show techniques listed by you guys, though I think one of the best is that one vs monkey, since it combines stuff. The decap replay might not be the best looking but it's a rarer kind of decap I'd say, which is why I put it in over the others. For the counter replay, That guy was getting pretty good snap kicks and lift kicks vs me somehow but I finally messed him up with a leg grab. The rest are just more good replays that I've had over time.

Type an X in brackets if you agree to the following:
[x] I have reviewed Team Aikido's Knowledge Base and reached a basic understanding of Aikido Principles and Techniques.
[x] I agree that if accepted, I will be an active and contributing member of Team Aikido through posting in Chat, Replay, and Knowledge Base threads.
[x] I agree as a new member, I will read the Original Post of each thread before posting.
Attached Files
decap kick.rpl (60.2 KB, 6 views)
counterrrrr.rpl (41.2 KB, 4 views)
cross pick foot sweep.rpl (46.5 KB, 4 views)
RIPPPPPP (entertaining).rpl (60.7 KB, 5 views)
This is what I'm talking about, I love you. We'll get back to you soon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Main Account Name: Raven.

Current Belt: Purple Belt(Custom)

Clan History:
I am currently in Ultimate, but I was in Soap for a few days and then Cold before I decided to settle down and join Ultimate.

How I Rate My Aikido Skills from 1 to 5 (5 is best):
I think I am around a 3. Low 3 I have a lot to learn about skill and style.

Describe My Aikido Play Style (3-5 sentences): I have a solid ground game, if I succeed when countering a lift I usually can win with out any problem. I can usually use good grabs and manipulate them to my advantage.
When playing for fun and not for lifts I feel I can throw and move with good technique.

Why I Want to Join Team Aikido (3-5 sentences):
I feel I have a lot to learn and with an organization as structured and organized as this I feel I can really increase my skill. I feel I have a lot of potential to become one of the best at this mod. Another reason I want to join is, I want to play with people who also love playing with out all the lifting and esports.

Replays are coming as I get them. Posted to add time for discussion.
Attached Files
Team Aikido.rpl (71.1 KB, 8 views)
Last edited by Night; Sep 22, 2016 at 06:13 PM.
|Obey|
Turning over a new leaf!