Toribash
Originally Posted by Hasea View Post
So this hit me like a train when I was trying to sleep the other night. Wait let's create a title for this crap:

TORIBASH REPLAY - THE WAY OF LIFE?!

When you create a replay of any kind, you created a life for your tori or should I say, a dimension, a universe. In this universe, every action is a reaction to the past action (also a reaction) and every action create it's result(s) or consequence(s). For instance, a greydiko replay. You see your opponent showing a weakness and you exploit it to make him pay. That's your reaction to his action. And the result is he got destroyed.

If you made a SP replay (let's say mad-man), you see that your move at frame 160 sucks and you wanna change it, can you change at frame 160 and only at frame 160? No. If you edit at frame 160, your whole "future" - the remaining frames have to change accordingly this the change at frame 160 because it cause consequences, everything is not the same anymore, your "future" is erased ... or not.

What if you "save as" with other name for that edited replay? Do your tori now have a twin? No, your new tori is a copy, a new tori in a new dimension or universe. Now you think you're funny so you open a replay, change some stuffs, save as other name and repeat infinitely, you'll create infinite universe of you tori. Some reps have only minor differences of an extended neck and a relaxed one.

So do out universe work like that? Do we have infinite copies of ourselves? Do every time we make a decision, copies are made? There are not much answer for these questions (yet).

Keep in mind that every decisions you've made in your life so far leads you to see and read this post. So in a way, you're destined to read my words. Good day everyone!

Basically an analogy of Toribash to the Multiverse Theory.

and I quote directly from the Wikipedia page itself:
"...there is a range of possible observations, each with a different probability. According to the Many-Worlds Interpretation, each of these possible observations corresponds to a different universe. Suppose a six-sided die is thrown and that the result of the throw corresponds to a quantum mechanics observable. All six possible ways the die can fall correspond to six different universes."

Too long, didn't read?

Heart of Gold
Aww Yeah! 100

Who will be the 1000st post?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[UBO] [TMM] [FUTO] Leader [OSHI] [TTO] [Monk]
Yay, i am now part of page 100.
anyway, my recent inactivity is due to me feeling like literal shit. Don't know why exactly but i should recover soon.
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen
996.. I think I should have a place on page 100 too. But it's definitely not the same like the first 100 pages on our previous (unofficial) thread.
Originally Posted by B4CKST4B View Post
Basically an analogy of Toribash to the Multiverse Theory.

and I quote directly from the Wikipedia page itself:
"...there is a range of possible observations, each with a different probability. According to the Many-Worlds Interpretation, each of these possible observations corresponds to a different universe. Suppose a six-sided die is thrown and that the result of the throw corresponds to a quantum mechanics observable. All six possible ways the die can fall correspond to six different universes."

Too long, didn't read?

That's funny because that was the last topic we discussed in my sci-fi class. They have some cool stories out there about that. Kinda screws with my mind though haha
"Too black for the white kids, too white for the black, from honor roll to crackin' locks up off them bicycle racks"
Hello again, i feel better but now i have lots of things to do irl.
also, if what BBking said was the counting of posts here, i believe i have the 1000th post.
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen