Ranking
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
You could play techies as more of a support, use your time pulling, stacking and mining, kind of similar to the way you might play a support CM or batrider. If you have solo lane you can play more like bh, leaving lane and hiding while mining.

Also if you are against a ranged hero I would start mining near an escape route, that way if you get low just run through the mines to safety.

Just had another great techies game ))
I admit, I am shit tier MMR but it's still fun
Had 5 kills and 1 legit death, 8 assists, 1 succesful suicide attack

Stacking mines in those small roads between the trees is just too great
remote detonation mine on ancients
road to enemy secret shop

oh god this is so fun. The inherent wards in the remote det mines is also great. I really think that you need mid until at least level 8, because mine power rapidly drops off as the enemy levels and gets a bit of support
f=m*a syens
Originally Posted by Arglax View Post
Just had another great techies game ))
I admit, I am shit tier MMR but it's still fun
Had 5 kills and 1 legit death, 8 assists, 1 succesful suicide attack

Stacking mines in those small roads between the trees is just too great
remote detonation mine on ancients
road to enemy secret shop

oh god this is so fun. The inherent wards in the remote det mines is also great. I really think that you need mid until at least level 8, because mine power rapidly drops off as the enemy levels and gets a bit of support

I'm pretty sure you put mines by the ancients to kill people who want to farm ancients, but if you stack ancients and put lots of normal mines near it, you can get a ton of gold.
Kinda like this
http://i.imgur.com/qBlHTa5.jpg
I haven't had a Techies on my team yet xD
Last edited by Laser; Sep 6, 2014 at 05:10 PM.
S A D B O Y S
Originally Posted by Laser View Post
I'm pretty sure you put mines by the ancients to kill people who want to farm ancients, but if you stack ancients and put lots of normal mines near it, you can get a ton of gold.
Kinda like this
http://i.imgur.com/qBlHTa5.jpg
I haven't had a Techies on my team yet xD

you can't stack ancients with mines near it
f=m*a syens
near it? you mean inside the area? or just randomly near it?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
near it? you mean inside the area? or just randomly near it?

inside the area yea, but you need to be at least that close to get a kill with remote mines if you want to get the guy who tries to kill the ancients
f=m*a syens
Some guys say that techies on your team is 90% lose now. So now I'm afraid to play all-pick and I play only ability draft and all random deathmatch. This mods are funny :3
My zoo:Vog-dog,kat-cat,Matt76-brother,tman-tbitch,iRookie-lesbian,RKG-erky,brigada-bitch-X.
Originally Posted by GiraFFus View Post
Some guys say that techies on your team is 90% lose now. So now I'm afraid to play all-pick and I play only ability draft and all random deathmatch. This mods are funny :3

All random deathmatch is hilarious, although it usually ends in a Dagon-fest.
I haven't played it since the Techies update though, maybe I should :P
S A D B O Y S
Originally Posted by GiraFFus View Post

i repeat: i am shit tier mmr
but i am on 5 win streat with techies IIRC
yes i played techies 5 times in a row
-----
You just need to know what to do. It snowballs. The enemy is scared as hell. Once you get a couple of towers down, you deny their camps with mines, put mines around their base so they can't move... You can also clear a complete creep wave with a normal mine followed by a green barrel, or one green barrel if you have level 3 ult + agh

techies are both good defensive, as well as good at denying shit in offensive
just don't go anywhere alone without having your suicide up, and don't pick techies when they have a couple of silencing heroes

the barrels replace wards excellently, if you have mana boots, bottle and soul ring, you can pretty much have vision over the whole map

also, if you get a regeneration rune: that is epic. with skills maxed, you can just keep placing mine after mine after mine: you regenerate mana barely faster than you can spend it
-----
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Lbk6u1aSU
Last edited by Arglax; Sep 7, 2014 at 06:14 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
f=m*a syens
Techies right now has <50% winrate, but it should rise more than that. According to dotabuff he is in 50% of matches, and he has already been played for 90 years worth of time lol.

Stun trap is crazy OP if you have enough chain stuns. SS can just tether than you place it down and bam 6 second stun.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Stun trap is crazy OP if you have enough chain stuns. SS can just tether than you place it down and bam 6 second stun.

It's OP when you can pull it off, but you really need to have someone to initiate that stun for you. You can even pull off a 12 second stun if the mine was already in place. The actual activation time of the mine is 4 seconds minimum: 2 to "activate" and then there's another 2 second delay.

Often when I play techies, I fail to really get into the teamfights: either I'm mining somewhere else, maybe pushing, or maybe I'm already dead. Survivability on techies is pretty bad, no escape mechanism, usually underleveled, ... Need to get into that and improve that, any suggestions? Eul's scepter also works very well with stun mines
f=m*a syens