Toribash
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
Those are bedrooms, one for each dwarf dude. All the important stuff is on other z-levels.
Each room has 1 bed, 1 table, 1 chair and 1 cabinet. Helps a lot when it comes to keeping dwarves happy.
"Urist McGrouch admired own very fine bed/table/cabinet/chair recently. He slept in own good room recently."

Also, my dwarves have sort of started a witch-hunt style hunt for vampires, which is unfortunate. Turns out I had more than one lurking around the fortress.

Sorry, I'm not on that level of DF yet, max amount of dwarves I ever had was 220.
A friend of mine has a fort with over 1800 dwarves which runs at about 12 fps. He's allegedly been holding off the armies of HIDDEN FUN STUFF for over three years.
Last edited by hanz0; Apr 17, 2012 at 06:03 AM.
What's the fun in that? He has a very high-end PC and it'll probably run at only 4 fps on my PC.

It's much more fun to actually KNOW what's going on. No fun in watching a bunch of CLOWNS being slaughtered without being able to be proud that you trained your dwarves this far.
Last edited by hanz0; Apr 17, 2012 at 06:02 AM.
Originally Posted by Arglax View Post
A friend of mine has a fort with over 1800 dwarves which runs at about 12 fps. He's allegedly been holding off the armies of HIDDEN FUN STUFF for over three years.

It's much more fun to actually KNOW what's going on. No fun in watching a bunch of CLOWNS being slaughtered without being able to be proud that you trained your dwarves this far.

Despoilerified.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by sbanen View Post
Wow, 220 dwarves...
Most I ever had was 30.

rly?

What's the fun in that? He has a very high-end PC and it'll probably run at only 4 fps on my PC.

Couldnt agree more

/offtopic
Arglax from were you know this guy?
Last edited by KillTheCook; Apr 17, 2012 at 06:23 AM.
@KillTheCook:
Well, I turned most of them into hunters and they got killed by an Eagle. That way I kept my population low. Too many dwarves to handle.

@Arglax:
More than 1800 dwarves!? Now I wish there was a screenshot or something. Holding off the legions of HFS for three years is an achievement. Best I've done: one minute.
Preparing to fight some ninja squirrels...