Ranking
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
The RPG thread
After a couple of years of total lack of game playing (just tb fro two years straight and a small field trip to star craft 2) I recently got re-addicted to rpg's one of my favorite game genres. This happened quite unexpectedly, I got a craving for an rpg, downloaded Drakensang 2, played it a bit, downloaded Two worlds 2 and got re-addicted.
I am already contemplating what shall I play next when I finish Two worlds 2, and these thoughts have brought me back memory lane. I am wondering what rpg's gave u sleepless nights?

I can not give my list in any order so I will just shoot the games out:
>>TES 4: Oblivion - my first TES game, to say the least I was impressed with the world, the amount of quests, almost everything.

>>Newer Winter Nights - my first D&D fantasy role-play, I still remember some quests - this is the game where I fall in love with the Cleric class

>>Diablo 2 - yes its pure hack and slash, yes u play the game three time just on harder levels to advance. But somehow it is so charming and addicting, Played it again about 3 years ago, still had fun. Paladin for the win!

A list of RPGs I tried and did no play, I am picky an the time was not right

>>TES 3: Morowind, I am very sad I missed this one, I can not compel my self to play it now, the graphics are rudimentary and the fight system gets on my nerves. I just found about it to late

>>Baldures Gate 2 (and 1), I've heard only praises about this game, I will prob try it sometime, again I missed it when it came out and now I just can't play it enough to get drawn in because of technicalities.

>>Fallout 3 (I never tried the older ones) I had such huge expectations, but somehow it did not get me addicted, maybe swords, bows and magic are more for me, also the V.A.T.S. got on my nerves. So I just stopped playing it.

>>Dragon Age Origins, tried it, the amount of buck spend on directing the story is enough for the wow effect, But it came out when I just stopped playing games, I think no game could have brought me from that. Only time.

>>The Witcher, tried it, didn't like the fighting system, uninstalled it, now I am sad I did not give it a chance.

Give me u're thoughts, what are the best u played? Why? Which ones did u skip? What do u recommend?

I am unsure what to play after I finish Two worlds 2. These are my thoughts:
Risen
Fallout New Vegas
Baldurs Gate 2
Vampire the Masquerade: bloodlines
Dragon Age Origins
Mass Effect 2
The Witcher

What would u suggest me from my list, or maybe I overlooked something?

will add pics a bit later
wishful eyes deceive me