Toribash
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Forum RPG (note, this RPG will contain mature content i.e. 'fuck'...woops)
As of late I've been far to busy to be RPGing on IRC, so I thought a good way to keep an RPG going for any length of time would be a forum based RPG, if anyone's interested then just post here, I'll start us off with a sci-fi-esc fantasy setting:
:Warning: gratuitous final fantasy rip off in progress...
(Note: Glossary at end of post.)

Plot basic premise:
....It's 492AS, on the planet Malan, it's been 14 years since the war of the outskirts ended, and while Malans government achieved victory, the king was worn bare by this, and his domain has crumbled, now forgotten soldiers of a wondering army look for purpose, and the people look for a leader.
....In a far off corner of the world, among a mountain chain in a sunny, peaceful university; "Dawn's Edge", we find untouched civilisation, where the students train to bare the harsh world. The headmaster Cid set up this university 20 years ago, and as a modern establishment the students are treated to the best of the best. Students will train until they are ready to work, and then they will earn money for the university and go out into the world on contract missions.
....You are to be one of these students.
/intro.

Character requirements:
You can start making characters immediately, each player will be started by me (the GM) and all actions will be handled by me, to see examples of posts see below, I'm aware some of you guys might not have forum RPG'ed before, don't worry it's fun!

You need: (by the way don't use code tags for your char sheet, it's easier to read without them, I do it to save space.)
A biography, this needs to be over 2 lines long... It would be nice if you stated your:
::Name.
-(+nickname if you want)
::Rank.
-(Student grade 1 or 2 or Teacher grade 1)
::Age, no older than 19.
-(average life span is 30 Malanian years)
::role in the war if your over 16 years old.
-(can include avoided or don't remember)
::Preferred weapon (guns, ranged, melee, fists, anything but spells basicaly, necessary.)
::Preferred colour out of : White, Red, Green, Blue, Black
::Second preferred colour (same list).
-colours effect specialities I.E.:
red = power and damage
blue = tact and tactics
green = agility and speed
white = holy and healing
black = zombie and death
::If you wish, a picture of your character, should you find one that works.
-(not essential, must be human)
::Note your past should not go further back than 4 years in the bio, apart from requested information.

Student / teacher rank:
 00:56  ~suomynona       • Vox: Student grades refer to what?
 00:57  @Vox             • the higher ranks have litter effect right now, but generally rank 2 student = no tutorial
 00:57  @Vox             • rank 1 teacher = you teach the rank 2 students

Example character, Vox (will not be used):
Vox; 13, Rank 1 Student, Red/Blue, Gunblade:
(notes on your character go here, Vox's weapon the gun-blade is both a gun, and a sword, and is a final fantasy favourite)
Vox has always been 'that kid', excited about what's next even when it's staring him right in the face, it's gotten him far however, never backing down from a challenge, he was brutally attacked 4 years ago, beating off 8 thugs. With a few scars Vox is to all appearance badass, but the moment you start talking to him you feel like "ya'know, Otaku is not that bad... or at least not THIS bad."
Despite his many flaws Vox manages to get along, and has just moved up to the university from college with a special trainer picked just for this kind of student, presumably one with more patients.

Example post, Vox vs EPIC SQUIGGOTH:
Vox whips out his pistols and fires several rounds into the beasts eyes, hoping to stun it, moving towards cover in the near by rubble. Once he arrives at cover he gets out his incendiary kit and starts work on a simple red mana bomb with a twist of more killing.
Notes on posts:
.You can have as many actions as you like, and you'll complete as many as you can in the order you say them.
.You can't have "ifs/buts" that rely on people or creatures (other than your self), instead you should write "dose x while anticipating his cover being blown" or such.
.Inventory checks are free, as are all other similar activities, however remember that if you put a check after an action, and that was the last thing you could do in that 'turn', they will get cut off, regardless of being free.
.Speaking is a free action.
.Be a badass (it's the only way to level up, no joke)
.Your only true stat is level, you start at level 1, all other stats are relative.
.Your allowed to assume some things because forum RPGing doesn't have to be perfect, if I have to mildly change the terrain for it to work, then so be it.

Glossary:
: A year in format: xAS is 'Advent of Seed', and refers to when the planet was seeded with life, a year on Malan is about 12 years on earth.
: For convenience all numbers will be in decimal, however the standard is base 16 since the great digital conversion some 200 years back, if you prefer to use base 16 just state so, if not I'll assume your in base 10.
: The planet Malan has several continents
Last edited by Vox; May 25, 2010 at 06:38 PM.