Toribash
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
What makes a song famous and good?
What makes a song famous?
This thread is just to go a bit deeper in what actually makes a song famous. Answers such as "Songs get famous because they are good" are way too simple answers.

Do songs get famous because of their originality or simply because a famous artist made them? I guess it's a bit of both.

Q1: Would an extremely well made and original song get famous if it was created by an unkown artist?

Q2: Can kind of bad songs get famous if the artist just is good on spreading them?

What makes a song good?
First of all. What is the definition of the word "good"?
If you search for "define: good" on google something like this will be the result:
having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified; "good news from the hospital"; "a good report card"; "when ...

Q1: What makes music good?
One thing that makes music good is the switch between different notes. Some notes doesn't fit after other notes etc. So there comes another question.

Q2: What makes some notes fit after others?
Is this something that is in our brain when we get born, or do we get so used to common music so we think that the notes after each other used in them are the ones that sound good?

Q3: How much is music taste affected by family and friends?
My opinion is that it is totally affected by family and friends in most cases.

Personally, I do not really have a special music taste. I like most kinds of music as long as they are well done.