Toribash
Originally Posted by M0nsoom View Post
I'll start with asking hows everyone doing?

I'm doing pretty good at the moment actually. I got a university offer from my 2nd choice almost immediately after submitting my application which was nice. The conditional grades are pretty low as well, I should get them no problem. The course looks pretty good, neuroscience at Bristol. My first offer is for a biomedical course which requires me to take a BMAT application test in about a week and if I do alright in that I should get an interview. It's quite a lot of pressure but BMAT suits me and the only practice you can do for it is past papers which is how I like to revise stuff anyway. I got the best school report I've had in years this term at school, partially because I have new teachers this year who haven't learned to dislike me yet, but it's still a nice thing to have.

How about you?
Good morning sweet princess
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
What type of job are you looking for?

Really just anything. I'm not looking at setting up a career, just getting money. I've been applying for all sorts of office administration roles, sales positions and retail shit.

Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
My first offer is for a biomedical course which requires me to take a BMAT application test in about a week and if I do alright in that I should get an interview. It's quite a lot of pressure but BMAT suits me and the only practice you can do for it is past papers which is how I like to revise stuff anyway.

You'll do well. From all indicators you seem like you're a pretty studious, 'do it' kinda guy.
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
I'm doing pretty good at the moment actually. I got a university offer from my 2nd choice almost immediately after submitting my application which was nice. The conditional grades are pretty low as well, I should get them no problem. The course looks pretty good, neuroscience at Bristol. My first offer is for a biomedical course which requires me to take a BMAT application test in about a week and if I do alright in that I should get an interview. It's quite a lot of pressure but BMAT suits me and the only practice you can do for it is past papers which is how I like to revise stuff anyway. I got the best school report I've had in years this term at school, partially because I have new teachers this year who haven't learned to dislike me yet, but it's still a nice thing to have.

How about you?

Thats good to here zelda! and im doing pretty well. its my freshman year and im trying to find my way around, but im doing good so far with that.
Originally Posted by M0nsoom View Post
yeah thats stinks sometimes getting back into to school but at the same time reuniting with old friends. what grade are you in? im in 9th

Not very familiar with the american school system, but listening to wikipedia I should be in 10th grade.

Other than the fact my short autumn holiday ended today, I'm pretty fine, tried to make my homework this year, which has been working out pretty well untill now.
Last edited by Creati0n; Oct 26, 2015 at 09:41 PM. Reason: oops.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by zwouter View Post
Not very familiar with the american school system, but listening to wikipedia I should be in 10th grade.

Other than the fact my short autumn holiday ended today, I'm pretty fine, tried to make my homework this year, which has been working out pretty well untill now.

Psychology is actually the only class I'm having slight trouble with as far as homework; it requires me to actually think and pick up a book. Otherwise, I've had quite a lovely school year so far. All As as always, and I'm going to try for a 36 on my ACT coming up this week. If I can't, it's not necessarily a huge deal, my current high score is a 33, and that's grand enough to put me in just about any university I wish to apply to.
Last edited by Creati0n; Oct 27, 2015 at 05:15 AM.
Originally Posted by zwouter View Post

10TH grade is usually filled with 16 and 17 year olds, with a smattering of 15 and 18, depending on where your birthday falls in relation to the school year and being held back/skipping grades.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Originally Posted by Creati0n View Post
Psychology is actually the only class I'm having slight trouble with as far as homework; it requires me to actually think and pick up a book. Otherwise, I've had quite a lovely school year so far. All As as always, and I'm going to try for a 36 on my ACT coming up this week. If I can't, it's not necessarily a huge deal, my current high score is a 33, and that's grand enough to put me in just about any university I wish to apply to.

psychology in school?? Daym. Here at Puerto Rico(which has the same class system as US) the schools don't even have philosophy. All are basic classes and some cheap ones which no one would remember them. But now in the uni are all those classes, which i have to pay for them to take them..
I'm an 11th grader here in the US.

Shit's good, I essentially started uni this year (living at uni and taking only college courses through a 'residential high school'), and was just approved for a research fellowship with a corresponding $2,500 grant. Plus, I just submitted my application for NSLI-Y, where I will, if accepted, get to study in either Morocco, Jordan, or Oman for 8 weeks this summer at no cost.

Then again, my ACT is only a 31 currently. Shooting for 33+ this spring, haven't taken it since freshman year so I've high hopes. Also, I'm almost certain that I qualified for National Merit Semifinalist on the PSAT a couple weeks back.

Good luck on your ACT, creati0n! What colleges are you currently looking at? I've got my sights on UPenn, UChicago, and UCLA primarily (as far as reaches go).

Lastly, I totally owe you like 35k TC from ages ago, creati0n, and while I can't really pay you back with TC, I'd like to return the favor somehow. If you want anything on steam, a $10 CSGO skin (just to sell or do with as you please if you don't play), or something like that, I'd happily pay you back that way.
Last edited by Fancy; Oct 29, 2015 at 03:04 PM.
[i]nquisition
nothing much

Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
I'm an 11th grader here in the US.

Shit's good, I essentially started uni this year (living at uni and taking only college courses through a 'residential high school'), and was just approved for a research fellowship with a corresponding $2,500 grant. Plus, I just submitted my application for NSLI-Y, where I will, if accepted, get to study in either Morocco, Jordan, or Oman for 8 weeks this summer at no cost.

Then again, my ACT is only a 31 currently. Shooting for 33+ this spring, haven't taken it since freshman year so I've high hopes. Also, I'm almost certain that I qualified for National Merit Semifinalist on the PSAT a couple weeks back.

Good luck on your ACT, creati0n! What colleges are you currently looking at? I've got my sights on UPenn, UChicago, and UCLA primarily (as far as reaches go).

Lastly, I totally owe you like 35k TC from ages ago, creati0n, and while I can't really pay you back with TC, I'd like to return the favor somehow. If you want anything on steam, a $10 CSGO skin (just to sell or do with as you please if you don't play), or something like that, I'd happily pay you back that way.

I appreciate the luck, I'm probably going to need a little bit of it to score a 36.

And, you don't owe me anything. I really couldn't care less man.

(unless you want to get me smite gems in that case gIVE ME SMITE GEMS)

edit: GA Tech, Illinois State University, Yale, and Harvard.
Last edited by Creati0n; Oct 29, 2015 at 04:16 PM.