Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

wat im trying to say is i think the technique used is more important than the name tagged with it but if you land a real life move great. there's more to judo than just hip throws.

but disregarding wat i just said, iver wat would u call this? harai or uke goshi or neither?
Attached Files
judo - advanced uke goshi.rpl (36.1 KB, 7 views)
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
To be honest I would rather us developed our own techniques then try them instead of using variations of judo. It just seems ya know too basic or similar each time.Once again this is just my input.
#Triggered
bump. :v

I'm adding "nowai" to my highlights. Maybe we could change it, but let's revive the IRC thing.

/jo TA
Last edited by iver; Jan 20, 2015 at 06:02 PM.
[TA] | [Applications] | Want to join Team Aikido?
Thanks to Stazis for creating our awesome new logo

Hey, you. Yes, YOU !
Do you think you're good enough?
So try your lucky and apply to Team Aikido.
This organization is for people who likes Aikido in its essence.
Dueling, bushido style, for fun and more. You will find it here.

Your application can be written in free form, however, you must put at least 4 replays and your GMT. Also try to contact one of our members if you want an in-game test. The mods of replays can be anything related to aikido.tbm.

You can post a maximum of 6 replays, make sure they're your best.

There is no minimum number of "yessses" to get accepted and all members must vote in your application. If you are rejected, feel free to ask for one of our Teachers in this thread. Leaders reserve the right to accept/reject you without reason. The three current leaders are neko, iver, TimmyboyG and snake. Our recruitment officer, Raiken also can accept or deny people, contact him or one of the leaders if you would like guidance with your application or to be tested ingame.

And last but not least: Be patient, don't insist asking about your application, you just need votes.
First.
Hello, [TA].

My name is Gabriel and my IGN is WaterBolt, I'm 16 years old and my GMT is -3:00 (currently it's -2:00, because it's BRST - Brasilia Summer Time). I live in São Paulo, Brazil. I have been playing Toribash and "aikido.tbm" since 2011.

In the beginning, Aikido wasn't my favorite mod - in fact it was "judo.tbm" - but with time, aikido started to get my attention, mainly because of its striking resemblance with IRL's judo. Immobilizations, throws, winning with style, etc. Aikido really asked for the player's skill and technique.

Obviously, when I started, I couldn't do most of the things I mentioned above. :p
I just executed the basic "judo.tbm" openers and managed to push my opponent out of the dojo. I did It for quite a while, until I really stopped playing TB.

Annnd, after a certain while I came back and used to play "Aikido" and "Aikido7" only. My cousin, Lukas2303, was trained by one of the "bushido-style" pioneers in Brazil: Felipao/Felipa. They were able to execute the moves fluidly, perfectly. The semi-throws, full-throws, blocks, the style and of course, the fairplay.

I used to play with them daily and quickly adapted myself to this play-style. Although I had some difficulty in executing the throws, I was pretty good at aikido. I kept the bushido-style for a while, until I had another break. Came back in 2014 and noticed that my good ol' style wouldn't work anymore and I was losing easily.

I started to use offensive tactics, hitting with the knee, localized kicks (no snapkicks, lifts, etc. I rarely use these moves), rotating way more, trying to move faster and seeking some dismemberments. I still play like this, but sometimes I play in a defensive tactic, trying to predict my opponent's move.

My aikido's favorite variation is ABD - Aikido Big Dojo - because I believe that in this mod I have way more freedom to do play offensively, besides I have a larger space to execute several moves. When I play the tradictional Aikido, I seek to immobilize and throw my opponent down quickly. In the other hand, I have no experience in "greykido.tbm". Today, the only mods I play are "aikido.tbm" and "aikidobigdojo.tbm".

I'm able to counter some moves like shovels and snapkicks (I'm improving my snapkick defense after I read iver's "Uchi Mata Tutorial"), I have greater difficulty countering llifts.
Also: I really enjoy saving. :3

I seek to join The Aikido Team to learn and improve my skills, because I know I have a lot to learn and to meet & play with other aikido lovers. I can help, mainly, with forum and IRC activity (I rate my activity 10/10, 'cause whenever I'm using the PC, I'm on the forums and "IRCing"), with some ideas and proposals. I'd rate my in-game activity 8/10. I play on my free time.

Here is my usercard:

There are three replays attached to the post. Forgive my grammar and thank you in advance.

~WaterBolt
Attached Files
asddddwsaveve.rpl (49.1 KB, 1 views)
atat.rpl (54.8 KB, 1 views)
decap aeho.rpl (30.1 KB, 1 views)
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Alright, so hi.

I am noob.

I joined back in 2009 with my first account and Aikido was the first mod I played. Our relationship has had ups and downs but I can honestly say that even after 5 years this mod is still the love of my life.

I first started with lifting and shoveling, I still lift now but only for shits and giggles. When I play serious to show skill, I usually stick low to the ground and attempt to keep control of my opponent. Usually by using wrists, the neck, ankles and every other joint obviously. I like going for close slam suplexes, in which I flip my opponent not high so that he is flying out of the dojo but close to my body and trying to force a dq.

As for replays, I don't have any. I have never gotten into the habbit of saving a replay after a play looks good or what not.

Though I will post the replays if I get tested.
Waterbolt has my yes. Nice app, neat replays, I know his playstyle. Ye

Noob got a nice app but I need to see him playing, so we're gonna play later.