Toribash
Original Post
ART Problemz... (Questions for people who make really good art)
Okay so... I use GIMP

I can't make hair properly any1 wanna help me?

realistic haair
Last edited by HybridTori; Jun 19, 2014 at 11:11 AM.
Google "GIMP how to paint hair" and you will find over 9000 tutorials. Also look up for, and look up 2d painting techniques (eg for oil or acrylic) since the techniques are transferable.

Take a hard look at some hair you do like, look at heads made by artists who are good and you can see the way they block out the area, add shades and highlights etc. It won't tell you exactly what brush settings or what work flow, but try to emulate it in conjunction with tutorials.

Personally when I was younger I would just set brush dynamics to make the size reduce over distance, then draw some nice anime looking hair and throw on highlights. Real basic shit.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Google "GIMP how to paint hair" and you will find over 9000 tutorials. Also look up for, and look up 2d painting techniques (eg for oil or acrylic) since the techniques are transferable.

Take a hard look at some hair you do like, look at heads made by artists who are good and you can see the way they block out the area, add shades and highlights etc. It won't tell you exactly what brush settings or what work flow, but try to emulate it in conjunction with tutorials.

Personally when I was younger I would just set brush dynamics to make the size reduce over distance, then draw some nice anime looking hair and throw on highlights. Real basic shit.

Oh thank you so much ! i find it cuz you ! thank you man!