Endurance Onslaught 6.0
View Poll Results: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
A
0 Votes / 0%
B
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

I can't say I was too pleased with the Hobbit movies insofar. Gotta admit, I think what the book did in one novel was better and could have easily been done within the movies budget. Also, what they left out from the books seemed... odd. Like, they had someone go through the book and cross out random sections, and add new ones, without ever having read the hobbit. It felt like i was watching a strange mix between the Silmarillion and the hobbit with harry potter thrown in for shits and gigs. I think that if they took their source material more seriously, they would have had a better trilogy.
FREE-SPEECH CAUSE FUCK YOU
ONLY COMMIES CHANGE AVVYS
Originally Posted by Soap View Post

Nitrate: That would be cool. I'd like to know how you're going to do the profit system. Gonna go half and half with the bank, or go all to the bank, or what?

I'd say 50-50.

Tried Russian Constructivism.

I don't know jack.

JUSTICE

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm your top tier waifu.
Visit my panda thread!
I'm also Event Squad! Slide into my DMs for questions!
Pssst! Aeon is just boomer Adventure. Pass it on.
LOVED Legolas's role in that movie compared to his role in the LOTR movies. He's the like, war leader of the wood elves. 'Twas awesome.

Yes, his role is makes more sense in The Hobbit movies and is way cooler.

The new Skype group/IRC is a great idea, although if someone has something serious to say it will probably get clogged up, as the room is kinda too active.
S A D B O Y S
Originally Posted by TempIar View Post
I can't say I was too pleased with the Hobbit movies insofar. Gotta admit, I think what the book did in one novel was better and could have easily been done within the movies budget. Also, what they left out from the books seemed... odd. Like, they had someone go through the book and cross out random sections, and add new ones, without ever having read the hobbit. It felt like i was watching a strange mix between the Silmarillion and the hobbit with harry potter thrown in for shits and gigs. I think that if they took their source material more seriously, they would have had a better trilogy.

Well, they almost always have to take the movie in a different direction from the book. It's just how it is. I find reading a book, and then watching a movie based on that book ruins the movie for me. It's not that you think the Hobbit was bad, it's that you're disappointed it didn't follow the same exact story as the book.
Well, they almost always have to take the movie in a different direction from the book. It's just how it is. I find reading a book, and then watching a movie based on that book ruins the movie for me. It's not that you think the Hobbit was bad, it's that you're disappointed it didn't follow the same exact story as the book.

Not really disappointed, It was just pretty bad to me. We got no introduction to any of the characters or their personalities in the first movie, which made me not care about what happened to them. Oh, but you know their names and they sung a dwarvish song, that's personality! No. No it is not. Personalities differ from person to person. Dwarves do not have a collective conscious. Granted, it wasn't that bad if you looked at it from a blockbuster movie standpoint, but I gaurentee it will not hold up as well as any of the LOTR movies did. Those had character and personality, and turned out brilliantly. The hobbit part one was lacking in both those regards. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that I was more interested in the trolls than any of the dwarves or bilbo. It was a movie designed to make money, not made to be good. And it shows.

Also, I don't think I would have been disappointed if it had been changed for the better, but I don't feel that it was. They took out too much and gave the things they added like no introduction at all. Visually the movies are great, but they are so far lacking in every other area. Also, If a movie is based on a book, it should follow the book's story. There is no reason to add Gandalf's brother that was mentioned in the Silmarillion to the movie, other than to provide comic relief- That wasn't needed. They had 13 Dwarves to create comedy with- and they did that, and only that. No development whatsoever, just comedic relief. So to be frank, he was not a needed character. If we had had more interaction between the characters, or something- and I know it sounds like I'm repeating myself, but this bears repeating- they would have had a better movie. Jackson got wayyyy to caught up in how his special effects were doing in this movie series.

And no, Revenge is not a personality, sorry Thorin.
Last edited by Templar; Dec 17, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
Eh, I liked it. I liked this one a lot better than the first one. Like I said, you're focusing on things they did in the book that didn't happen in the movie. Coming from me, a person who didn't read the book, I liked it quite a lot. I thought enough of the dwarves had personality, and there's still one more movie to go.

Also, Gandalf's brother? Who do you mean?
Eh, I liked it. I liked this one a lot better than the first one. Like I said, you're focusing on things they did in the book that didn't happen in the movie. Coming from me, a person who didn't read the book, I liked it quite a lot. I thought enough of the dwarves had personality, and there's still one more movie to go.

Also, Gandalf's brother? Who do you mean?

The wizard that appeared in the first movie, the nature fanatic. All of the remaining wizards are of the same race, and that race has like, 7 ppl left in it. The maiar shown in the lord of the rings, or mentioned in the silmarillion, are numbered as 7. Sauron, the Balrog, Sauroman, Ragadast, Gandalf, Alatar and Pallando. There are certainly more, but none are mentioned in the series. They are beings created at the beginning of time, so technically, you could call them brothers, as they are celestial beings.
Last edited by Templar; Dec 18, 2013 at 02:37 AM.
Oh, well they're not brothers though, are they? And I thought it was only 5 wizards. Or "The 5 Wizards" or whatever.

Okay, so I just had a Skittle War. Inspired by that Reddit post where the guy mashes M&Ms until he's left with 1. Mine's a little different in the fact that they're Skittles (Because I don't like M&Ms), and I did the smashing a bit differently.

I still put the two between my fingers and smashed them until one cracked, but instead of keeping the winner until he smashed, I found it more fair to do a tournament. So I smashed them, ate the loser and put the winner to the side. I got all the way down to 1 left. At the end, there were 2 purples, an orange, and a red. The orange won it.

I'm going to buy 7 more packs of Skittles, do the same thing, have 8 final victors, and put them through the test. Then i will be left with one ultimate Skittle.
Hello my name is Dragonmonk and I was actually told by a good friend Kratos that I should try to join (Zone) so here I am doing my application I am a 7th dan I know Soap and love his Youtube video's I was warned once by Qubic in a tourney. I think that a clan that I can learn from and get alot of experience from all of you and gain more knowledge over the years. I think that i could be a good active member in-game and going to change my way of thinking about the forums and be come more forum active. I would greatly appreciate it if you accepted me. Thank you for your time
-----
Oh and I dont know how to do the usercard thing
Last edited by Moon; Dec 18, 2013 at 02:26 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Name: xNoGrabz (Real Name : Edgar)
Belt: Green Belt
Bans, infractions, or warnings: None
Past clans and why you left them: None
Anyone you know in this clan: Templar
Why do you want us: Because i want to learn form the best and be the best
Why should we want you: Good player and Respectful
Best and worst mods: Best: Greykido , aikidobigdojo. Worst: Rkmma and Wushu
One or two paragraphs about yourself: Well am i start playing toribash 3 years then i took a break for a 6 months and forgot my main which was a 8 dan I love baseball. Half of my family members suffer from heart diseases . But this this game brought me happiness.