Toribash
Central Plains

Wrapping a thick arm around Balo, Fate uses the momentum from the shoulder shove, pivoting to his left. Grunting with a mighty heave, Fate effectively throws Balo off of him.

"That was good. Once you find your resolve you gain a strength beyond skill or dexterity. You must see things clearly. Every detail should register, every piece of the puzzle coming together. This is not something I can teach directly; it is something you find in yourself."

Fate shifts into his stance.

"Again."

Daven's Quarry

The captain walks into the room after a short time.

"My lord?"

His eyes flicker to Serah's body, but he maintains his position.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Daven's Quarry

Without changing his posture Bryce commands the captain.

"Take yourself and your men and bring Serah to Saxum. Arrange for a proper burial and an extravagant tomb. All debts will be paid off by me. Leave two of your most trusted men with me if you would be so kind."
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Central Plains

Balo resets and assesses Fate's stance.

His face goes cold as he charges forward slashing diagonally across Fate.(Feint)

(Feint: He pulls the slash and uses his forward momentum to spin opposite and bring his blade horizontally across Fate's back.)
<Vox> meh, you never end up anywhere in computer
<Vox> you are just where ever you are
---------------
<avwave> its always fun to eat a polymorph ring
<avwave> unless you morph into a basilisk in a room full of mirrors
-----------------------
<Vox> I just imagine a guy in a lab coat and fluffy gloves holding a snowflake being stared down by the university research managers
Daven's Quarry

The captain hesitates.

"My lord, are you sure? The road surely isn't safe, especially with you being targeted and the war. I doubt bandits are not taking advantage of the disputes in the plains. It would be much safer for you if you took more men."

Central Plains

Fate completely ignores the false attack, spinning around and effortlessly deflecting the real attack. Turning the deflection into an attack, he raps Balo's left knee twice as he takes a step back, readying his sword again.
Last edited by Thorn; Jul 13, 2012 at 07:43 AM.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Daven's Quarry

Bryce leans forward and pulls away his hand and gazes at the captain with red eyes.

"Bandits are the least of my worry and I don't intend on taking the roads. Which is why you're going to have to leave four of your fastest steeds."
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Central Plains

Balo drops to his left knee and gasps slightly in pain before gritting his teeth, refocusing, and pushing off from his crouched position into a sprinting clearing horizontal slash(Feint)

(Balo instead of finishing the clearing slash leaps towards Fate's upper body trying to topple him with the blade to his neck.)
---------------
-----------------------
<Vox> I just imagine a guy in a lab coat and fluffy gloves holding a snowflake being stared down by the university research managers
Daven's Quarry

More hesitation.

"Yes, my lord. I'll send with you Turin and Rine."

He leaves the room to relay his orders. Soon, transportation for Serah's body and Bryce are arranged, and they begin their departure.

Central Plains

Fate goes to block the slash. As the move is modified, he leans back, placing his sword between Balo's and his neck at the last minute. As the swords lock, he sends several fists into Balo's stomach with his left hand.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Central Plains

Balo manages to land on his feet and he steps back and smiles at Fate.

"Almost"

He coughs up a bit of blood and smiles at Fate again.

"I have no idea now."
---------------
-----------------------
Central Plains

Fate frowns at Balo.

"You only surrender when you die."

He takes the swords and begins packing for traveling.

"We'll not ride any easier due to your training. You'll need the hardening."
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Central Plains

"Wouldn't have it any other way"

Balo smiles and whistles a tune happily through his blood stained mouth.
---------------
-----------------------