Toribash
[invade]but i liiiike invade tags.
jking
alrighty no more invade tags.
Also as mentioned before university offers coming out today ! (for a select few in america)
brb playing a game of competitive tf2[/ invade]

-----
Originally Posted by AikidoKP View Post
Dayum, let us know how you do? Best of luck to ya as well.

Ah, but if they are programmed, then the robot had no choice in feeling. Ergo, not actual feelings, only simulated.
BAM x2!

But robots can be programmed to learn and if one can be programmed to be aware like it is claimed you are they can also be programmed to come up with thier own feelings. Human brains are essentially hugely complex programs as well.
Last edited by Text; Mar 29, 2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

"[11:17pm] Thorn: I'm gonna have to ask you to stop being so productive"
Haha well good luck with them college stuff, and remember to tell us what happens :O

And that reminds me, I got an A on the French test for college I told you guys about One step closer to getting into college now.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

today i just finished learning everything i will ever learn in school. Just revision and exams left.

Aww... I have a full year left :<
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

If the basic program allows the machine to gather new knowledge and interpret it on its own, outside of the constraints of the original programming, then it has become AI. Until then, no true personality or being has come into play. ;P

However, if we're talking hypothetical, simply learning does not mean feelings or emotions. If you start with strictly minimal facilities, there is no need for emotions for decision making. There would be no instincts, no drive, just an electronic "brain". The stories always go on about how robots learn to "feel" but why? What's the need? Why is it necessary?
-- Jet -- Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. --
[Secret]AikidoKP

Cogito ergo sum. I think therefor I exist.

I know it's true because it says so right here in this signature.
Originally Posted by AikidoKP View Post
If the basic program allows the machine to gather new knowledge and interpret it on its own, outside of the constraints of the original programming, then it has become AI. Until then, no true personality or being has come into play. ;P

However, if we're talking hypothetical, simply learning does not mean feelings or emotions. If you start with strictly minimal facilities, there is no need for emotions for decision making. There would be no instincts, no drive, just an electronic "brain". The stories always go on about how robots learn to "feel" but why? What's the need? Why is it necessary?

it's not necessary, it's simply possible.

Assuming the machine has become a thinking being, standards evolution trends would not apply. It would effectively be able to consciously bring in new parts and get rid of old useless ones.

That's why I ask what the need would be, why would emotions be necessary. Simply being possible isn't enough when talking about the development of a sentient machine.
[Secret]AikidoKP

Not to interrupt, but the CET are now taking in applications for those who are interested

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=344563
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Hmm, I don't know if I should.

I kinda want to but I don't know how active I'd be able to be for it.
[Secret]AikidoKP

Well it's more gonna be forum activity, but I'm pretty sure you're gonna have to help out in-game every now and then.
Fagm duck fuck everyone.