Toribash
Original Post
[Art] Vector Logo - IXION
Made by using Adobe Illustrator Cs 5.5

Zevs zapped Ixion with a lightning bolt and banished him to a spin of eternity tied to a burning wagon wheel.

^Idea

Logo-Quite Big

©Jonar K. - IXION

Though about removing the "I" with the crowns on the sides...Leaving just the wheel and the fire.

what do you guys think?

Ps. Lack of shading is because I want to keep this as simple as possible. As logo's shouldn't be to detailed...
Last edited by Fenris; Jan 17, 2012 at 03:29 AM.
Originally Posted by IXION View Post

Though about removing the "I" with the crowns on the sides...Leaving just the wheel and the fire.

what do you guys think?

Ps. Lack of shading is because I want to keep this as simple as possible. As logo's shouldn't be to detailed...

YOu have already detailed the flame too much for a logo in my opinion Try to make it more striking with just one base colour and perhaps a gradient. Thats just how I like to keep my logos simple.
Other than that looks sweet, however I see an I X I O but no N. Interesting colour scheme as well.
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? haven't got one.
Placing an "N" would get pretty difficult, that's why i thought of removing the "I" on the sides.

I know the flame is kind of detailed...But getting it to look outstanding without some detail and just a base and a gradient would get hard, used a gradient to start with but it didn't look too good.

Thanks for your words though, I also really love the Tint's banner that you made.

I'll wait for more comments before i try to change it, also cannot edit it before I get to my school pc :/
It's not compulsory to fit in an "N" if it ruins the flow just don't do it.

And for the flame here is an example of what you could do:

Also Thanks again (:
Dam, you are better at giving critique's than my teacher.

Thank you very much, i'll do what i can to improve, might even throw in a good word about you to my teacher : P
Haha your welcome. But Im pretty sure your teacher is better at teaching than me (:

And please keep it up. It's very good seeing as you just learned Illustrator.
I like the work on the flames, technique and design can definately be improved, but it will come with practise.
flow on the flames is very rough and choppy, rather than fluid and soft.

think you're overcomplicating the thought process and over simplifying/rushing the drawing process.
I dont see and I X I O or N in there when i look at it, only saw the O and X because you said theyr in there.

the purple wheel thing is too big. when you shrink the logo down to fit something, the flames and especially the detail on them will disappear.

saying that its a permenant logo is silly. you've only just learnt illustrator, and your still new to design, you think that when you get more experience and get better, that this logo will represent you well enough?

Zevs zapped Ixion with a lightning bolt and banished him to a spin of eternity tied to a burning wagon wheel.

thats the only relevant part in all the text you wrote. dont care about anything else you said, lol.
its your logo, you dont have to justify why you did every little thing to us. we are not your art teachers that require you to justify every choice you made.
good work on waffling on about the letters in the wheel and stuff, teachers love that shit.

colour scheme wise, check out a colour wheel to find complimenting colours.
the purple and yellow gradient looks great, but the red/orange/purple/yellow is a bit conflicting.
if youre gna keep it simple, then keep your colour choices simple aswell.

as a logo, the shape doesnt work, its all over the place, and big, and and and, just doesnt work.

the flames are over detailed when compared to the wheel, looks like you got carried away with them then got bored with the wheel.

overall, its not a good logo, but its not the worst we've seen by far. still very rough, but its interesting.
kudos for using a story to shape the design.
Last edited by BenDover; Jan 16, 2012 at 02:59 AM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
In short: That's not a logo.

You got about 3 seconds to catch a user with your logotype. It needs to make the user feel secure, and also quickly give out a hint on what the company does.
Last edited by Freelancer; Jan 16, 2012 at 03:17 AM.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
Ben: Thank you very much, your comment is really appreciated... And you are absolutely right, I'm actually very bad at coming up with the ideas (Don't like it either), it's just like they pop right into my head and I just make it, this may make the piece look weird.
So that's where you guys come in, I think this thing might end up looking really good...Though of a few things and I'll see if I might get them worked out by tomorrow, again thanks : )

Free: I kind of know that, this might seem like an lazy ass excuse and it may be, but I will make it a logo...In time.

But one thing...Getting this kind of logo to show people what i do, would get pretty hard. this is going to be my sign of "Copyright" sort of.

As Bendover said above, it's silly to call it a possible permanent, I just got a bit over excited, I thought it really looked good (still do) and got carried away.
Okay so I died in the game...But here is a update.

I looked into those complimenting colours, decided to stick with a slight purple and yellow, make the logo little bit thinner and less baws...And remove the "I" on the sides, also made the flame alot simpler.

© Jonar aka IXION.

Big

Hmpf!

Small

Hmpf!

Doesn't really look that flat at the bottom...
Last edited by Charybdiz; Jan 17, 2012 at 06:04 PM.