Toribash
Original Post
A more fun Off-Topic (OR BRING WIBBLES BACK)
[05:08.39] <fallu> lol why the fuck are threads like the acronym thread not allowed
[05:09.00] <fallu> oh dear god they're havinG flFUN WE MMUST SSTTTOOPPP TTHHEEMMM
[05:10.37] <fallu> How the duck did tb forums become this heavily policed

Originally Posted by wibblefox
IMO mods should just stick to what ACTUALLY IS A PROBLEM. For example if you don't want flaming, then police flaming. Don't ban and close all threads because you are afraid that "Let's count to 100!" will end in hostility...

Originally Posted by Lazors
... The more I think about it I realise I'm not necessarily against a looser OT if people can behave and not be awful to each other. Toriprime have [serious] tags and even if nobody uses them, they're there for people who want a serious topic. There's no reason it wouldn't be the same in Off-topic.

---------------------

What does everyone think about this board? Is it too heavily policed? Should we allow threads and posts that don't meet the existing quality standards (obviously global rules would still apply)?

Toribash used to have Wibbles, a hyper-active board that had little-to-no quality standards. It used to be Discussion was serious, Off-Topic was semi-serious and Wibbles wasn't serious at all. Wibbles was removed at some point and many wept. Toriprime, a board locked behind a paywall, became Wibbles 2.0. People that pay money have the luxury of a practically rule-less community board to post in, but not everybody can (or wants to) spend $10 a month year for the privilege of having fun in a wibble-like community board.

I've come up with two possible courses of action here (I personally prefer the latter).
1) We use the [Serious] tag format from Toriprime and apply it to Off-Topic. This would likely make Off-Topic more active but less serious.
2) We bring Wibbles back and leave Off-Topic as it is. Everybody that just wants have fun can do so there. This option allows Off-Topic to retain its integrity while simultaneously letting people who just want to have fun do as they wish.

Do you like one of the options? Do you have a solution of your own? Do you even see this as an issue in the first place?

Let's talk.
Last edited by Ele; Sep 6, 2016 at 05:09 PM.