Ranking
maybe another staff member would handle these situations differently, i tend to prefer sorting issues out by talking to said member in question - whether that be a staff member or regular user. i can't speak for solax or anyone else, but i'm pretty lenient when it comes to bans and the like. personally i don't think what kyure did is severe enough for us to strip his positions and ban him, would have personally done the same thing to anyone else in the exact situation as him right now. in my opinion, banning someone for said amount of time for unclear purposes is worse than contacting them (especially if they're newer or don't have a history of fucking up) and sorting out the situation, user in question generally tends to fuck up less as well. clearly he's on a tight rope in terms of fucking up, but you guys need to realize that i'm generally the one handling his complaints and i tend to talk with users about problems before advancing to a ban (unless said user is impossible to contact and i need their attention immediately which usually results in a ban for investigation purposes, kyure is always on irc so it's just as easy to handle it there).

feel free to refute any of my points, but that's how i stand on current issues. like i've said, i don't think anything he's done is severe enough to warrant much action like stated prior in the thread (he hasn't gotten away clean with any of these issues, either), but staff members generally have their own unique way of handling issues.
Last edited by Faint; Mar 9, 2016 at 01:59 AM.