Toribash
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
Hey guys! Figured this is the most recent thread that's Street fighter related, so I thought I'd post here. I just recently ordered myself a Qanba Q2 with black/red visual mods and plan to buy a Sanwa stick/buttons depending on how I like the original Qanba keys for Christmas, so the Street Fighter V hype is real. I played the shit out of third strike with Nightin from tb and a few friends on supercade, bought Skullgirls in early access and loved it, and also played SSFIV (trying again) but never thought about getting a fight stick. I've always used KB&M or my F310 Logitech budget controller and never found a problem until I started to get into the more intense play.
I stopped playing fighting games for a while, but have recently picked up and have been loving the Blazblue fighting games, all of the old king of fighter games, art of fighting and my personal favourites, samurai shodown v and ii AND Garou: Mark of the Wolves. Literally just been playing fighting games for hours on end the past few days, loving the level of detail that some of these games have as far as story, character development and overall joy of learning the game/mechanics that these games bring.

So, I was just wondering, what are your guys opinions on the best bang for your buck fight sticks around the $200 range? What ones do you use, if any? If not, do you guys play on Keyboard & Mouse or Controller?

Yo f310 is what I learned to play fighting games on too, and I also used to play with nightin in 3s, good times

Nowadays I play on a madcatz te round 2 (not te2) and I love it, but honestly the only things execution wise I felt I really improved on thanks to stick were plinks and kara inputs and stuff like that (which will be irrelevant for v most likely anyway). If you're going for a stick I'd recommend one of these since you can probably find one on the cheap, but sfv is probably gonna play fantastic on pad, which is an awful lot cheaper.

I've never used any other sticks but I'd have to imagine the q2 with a sanwa joystick and buttons would be just as nice
oh yeah