Toribash
Original Post
Thoughts on Birthdays
I turned 18 today, and for about a week i have been trying to prepare myself for this day. If you have grown up on films/Tv you know shows like sweet sixteen really can make you envious of some peoples celebrations but i didn't expect anything like what you see on those shows, all i wanted was to feel appreciated whether it was genuine appreciation or not it doesn't matter. I don't really see turning 18 as a big deal but in the UK it is traditionally a grand event. I am a very friendly confident guy with a number of "Friends", but on the day when someone who you reminded your birthday was coming up a couple of days ago, and they forget it really doesn't feel great. I have a huge family of 4 brothers, 3 sisters, a mum and dad, so there is a large number of birthdays to remember so i understand why people may forget in my family but when only 1 person in your whole family remembers its your birthday, i begin to feel a little depressed and unimportant. The other 364 days of the year im fine, i have plenty of great memorable moments that is why i really do not like my Birthday. I wish birthdays weren't to celebrate the person who was born but instead to celebrate the giving of birth, a day for mothers.
Today went okay, but i have had much worst birthdays.

What do you like and don't like about your Birthday?
Disagree or Agree?

Sorry for being a sob, but i really am a cheerful and fun to be around guy, i am also a realist at most times and a tad pessimistic.
Last edited by 26th; Jun 26, 2014 at 09:46 PM.