Toribash
Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post
I dk I consider him support since he fits the described role of support. Lich can offlane just as good too, and he's support.

all a lich can do is deny one creep and cast a nova every now and then.
cant really farm or impede the carries farm too much.
a solo offlane lich just makes room for the enemy supports to pull and deny creep waves.

darkseer with double ion shells just totally wrecks a melee carries farm with soul ring and double ion shells. forcing them to tank and last hit under tower. again, not a conventional support, creates room for the real supports to focus on supporting the carry, rather than having to compensate for an underfarmed offlane.

And early on all it takes is 1 very aggressive support with sentry to completely fk up a solo offlane weaver.

i dont disagree, but if you know theres a ward, dont go into lane, weaver is a crappy offlaner.

If you think that an OP hero can't factor that much in a game then you haven't seen those damn Earth Spirit pros....

earth spirit is ridiculous, il give you that, 5 man silences with 800 burst damage at level 5...

Sure, WR can do that. I'd like to see WR do a better job of screwing up an entire team than Disruptor with Kinetic Field and Static Storm, as well as Glimpse. Or a warlock with a global ( just exagerating) ulti and the biggest aoe stun in the game and the most destructive summon in game, along with a 20% increased damage taken for an entire enemy team. Or wd with that annoying stun, heal and ulti.

WR can never outweigh the contribution of those heroes ever. And if you talk about offlane heroes exclusively, then Mirana is an even better offlaner with a better potential team contribution. So no matter how you go at it, WR is good, but not good enough to be a high priority pick in ranked.

i dont disagree, especially on the mirana part, but different roles, you cant really compare them, the windrunner picks up the #3/4 role, while disruptor/warlock/witchdocter take up the #4/5
all those heroes are mad team fight heroes, while windrunner is made for gangs and pick offs.
massive effect wombo combos are wasted when you run into one or two. massive cooldowns and mana costs vs small cooldowns and smaller mana costs.
mirana however, Id have to give you, her invis teamfight engagements and more efficient escape would have me prefer her aswell, but the unreliability of arrow gets annoying at times, a bad player can ruin her.

Warlock was the hero to get me out of the 3600 rating hell I got at due to incredibly bad teams, Mirana was the hero to get me out of the 3700-3800 zone and Slark seems to be the hero to get me past the 4k rating.

warlock is one of my favorite heroes, got like a 75% win rate with 50 matches on him. i just find as a regular support, he has no lane presence befor level 6.

Hell if I could play Earth Spirit I'd only play him, but I quit Dota 1 way, way before he was introduced so I never played him. And he seems too hard to learn to play while in ranked.

by the time you hit level 11, you'll pretty much have the mechanics down, just gotta figure out what farm priority he needs and make do with what you get.

Weaver is generally taken as a solo offlaner so lane equilibrium isn't maintainable on a general note.

wut?
weaver offlane is terribad, ive been stuck in the offlane with weaver often enough to know that as a backup carry, weaver is only going to finish treads and a ring of tranquility by 15 minutes.
weaver should be safe lane.

he relies too heavilly on farm to be stuck in the offlane.
a hero like bounty hunter can manage because all he needs is experience.
a weaver needs atleast one decent HP item and a mediocre damage item to be even remotely effective in a fight.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-