Toribash
Original Post
Do you believe in Fate or Free Will?
Someone asked me this today, and I've been pondering upon this. I eventually came up with my conclusion.

Please respect everyone and their beliefs.

I don’t necessarily believe in either Fate or Free Will. What I believe is probably something of a mix between the two. In my mind, I imagine there is a God and a heaven in which he lives in. I do consider myself a Christian, however, I see myself led astray by worldly things and ideals. According to the Bible, I'd surely be going to Hell if I stay the way I am. Nevertheless, it is still in my mind that God has a plan of what will happen overall with every person playing a role of some sort in the grand scheme of things. However, free will is still obviously something that every human being is capable of, but knowing this and believing that God has everything planned proves to be difficult for me. In our own human minds, it is assumed that we do make decisions every day and that we do in fact have free will, but we are only human. Perhaps there’s something else planned that is bigger than all of us; so inconceivable to our human intellect. So my final question is this: We are given free will, but is it really free will if the choices we make eventually lead to the same conclusion of humanity. If so, then what is this precious idea of free will?
Last edited by Ezio; Jan 9, 2014 at 07:19 PM.
| [AC] | Replays | Order of Taekkyon |