Toribash
Originally Posted by shook View Post
Give me a proper brawl where both players are trying their damnedest to stay in the fight and give the other hell any day, i don't care if i lose a match if it was a blast to play.

It sounds like you, along with a lot of other people who commented, want to spar. I'm sure you already understand but the purpose of multiplayer is to win in any way possible. If style actually mattered, we would be given style points to grade how 'awesome' our matches were.

Anyway, let me give a common run/comeback scenario:

Player A and Player B get into a clash at the beginning of the match in wushu.

Player B gets more points and due to momentum, goes flying in one direction.

Player A, along with other ignorant spectators in the room, completely oblivious to the laws of physics, call Player B a 'noob runner.'

Player B, even though he was already preparing for a comeback, says "I'm coming back," just to make sure that the others are aware that he will attempt to correct his 'noobish' mistake and also to protect his reputation among the other players. Meanwhile, Player A is waiting patiently for his opponent's return.

Player B makes a successful comeback only to be greeted with a kick to the face from Player A. A kick that was set up two turns in advance while Player A was just waiting for Player B to arrive.

Game Over. Player A wins, Player B loses. Player A says "gg "

This scenario (and its variations) is so common that its annoying to me. Not to mention the fact that everyone is okay with what just happened.

If you are losing, you should be the one to go after your opponent. The one who is leading doesn't need to do anything because he already earned his lead. The loser is the one who needs to show that he wants the win.

If you are losing and are telling your opponent to comeback to you, honestly, you don't deserve to win. That's like racing with someone and telling them to slow down so you can catch up. If you win, it shouldn't even count.

Fight for your win, or take the loss like a man/woman.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."