Toribash
Originally Posted by veb
WHERE IS HIS PERSONALITY?
HE HAS A RAGING FAGGOT FACE

His personality has been pretty clearly defined by now as a more casual, adventerous doctor who realizes how completely insane his lifestyle is. Also, dat chin.

Originally Posted by veb
^ and he's way too human. he's supposed to be a 900 year old alien, this Matt Smith seems pretty boring. he bought boring to the show. nothing else.

He acts like an old man in terms of his deamenour and mannerisms but has stopped putting himself above humans and interacts with them in the way a human (an odd human at best) would.

Originally Posted by veb
All the episodes seem to feature fucking perception filters. AND OMG A CRACK SO SUSPENSEFUL.

More like two. (The angels one wasn't confirmed)
The crack seems to be a pretty good story element to me, I don't think it's really meant to be suspenseful at the moment. It was a great way of getting rid of some of the ridiculous things that RTD wrote into canon that would change Earth entirely (See: Season 4 finale)

The 'rape scene' seems to be basically the starting point for introducing Rory into the story and these past few eps seem to have been strongly developing their relationship and characters.

Originally Posted by veb
and nothing can defeat a goddamn weeping angel

In Blink they defeated them just fine. I also really liked the way that they made it so the angels gradually defeated themselves and mixed the other major element of the episode (the crack) into it.

But yeah, to me it isn't a different show it's just a pretty different take on doing certain aspects.

Originally Posted by veb
they simply needed an actor who had a DIFFERENT personality than Tennant (Matt just seems to copy it) - and fuck tweed.

A second ago you said that Matt Smith's doctor had no personality ._.
To me their doctors are pretty different, what with this new doctor being no where near as 'bi-polar' in his emotions and seeming to care more for his companions.

Jesus christ why did I write that?
[CENTER]
lead Sigma