Toribash
Original Post
Let's Play: Dwarf Fortress
What the hell are you going on about?
This is a community game of Dwarf Fortress, and as such, all suggestions made by the community will be considered for addition to this fortress. In addition, people can request that dwarves be named after them, and what those dwarves should do.

What is this "Dwarf Fortress" that you're talking about?
To rip off Wikipedia, Dwarf Fortress is a computer game by Bay 12 Games for Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X set in a high fantasy universe that combines aspects of roguelike and city-building games. The title of the game is inspired by its primary focus on the construction, management, and exploration of dwarven fortresses within the game world.

What does this mean to you? There's dwarfs, and they do dwarfy things, like dig, drink alcohol, party, flood the world with magma, and get torn to pieces by schools of carp.

Sounds awesome! So what are the graphics like?

Oh God, my eyes are bleeding!
Relax, I'm going to make this more noob-friendly and use a tileset for this fortress. It'll look more like this. I've added some labels, but I'm sure you'll figure it out on your own.

No, that's not a typo. I mean it when I say dorf.

Okay, so how can I get involved then?
Just post! I'll consider all suggestions for the fortress, and attempt as many as I can! Want a Dorf named after you? Want Him/Her to be a Wrestler that charges out naked to tear any thread to the safety of the fort limb from limb?
Let me know!

I'm going to go find a location, and post the details of the embark here in the next post, along with the profiles of the dwarves.
<+veb> dude___________________._____________________<hampa> the hosting center decided to raise the price
<+veb> I am to durnk to pu6t in the wriute commmand lol ___<hampa> and we only run irc on this machine which is a bit of a waste
<+veb> and u suxc u cant od it gfro me ______|______._____<Lapsus> How much power is behind the IRC server?
<+veb> ;oml?________________________________________<hampa> it is like delivering pizza using an airplane